This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SNG STT 0.5€ Turbo, AKs shove early against 1 re-raise + 2 calls, unknown opps

• vlzvl
      vlzvl
      Bronze
      PokerStars $0.44+$0.06 - NLHE Tournament (STT, 9-man) - 10/20 Blinds - 9 players

Hero (UTG): 1500 (75 bb)
      UTG+1: 1500 (75 bb)
      MP: 1500 (75 bb)
      MP+1: 1450 (73 bb)
      HJ: 1500 (75 bb), (1) VP:0 PFR:0 AF:0.0 3B:0 AS:0 FS:0 CB:0 FC:0 WS:0 W$:0
      CO: 1580 (79 bb)
      BTN: 1490 (75 bb), (1) VP:0 PFR:0 AF:0.0 3B:0 AS:0 FS:0 CB:0 FC:0 WS:0 W$:0
      SB: 1480 (74 bb), (1) VP:0 PFR:0 AF:0.0 3B:0 AS:0 FS:0 CB:0 FC:0 WS:0 W$:0
      BB: 1500 (75 bb)

Preflop: (30) Hero is UTG with A :diamond: K :diamond:
      Hero raises to 80, 3 folds, HJ calls 80, 1 fold, BTN raises to 160, SB calls 150, 1 fold, Hero ???

I shoved here! But perhaps fold is more prudent? there was a call, then a 3-bet and a call on top of that. Obviously i do not want to call here and lured away with a weak pair vs multiway.
      I only find the 3-bettor to be dangerous here, while the other are usually nursing pairs.

Why not just take a good pot here?

Pot is big and fold equity is pretty good i think.
  • 4 replies
    • aent4x
      aent4x
      Bronze
      I think its a call, you need only 15% equity to call the flop and you have this equity with your hand.
      In the worst scenario,when BTN has AA and the small blind mining,you have only 13% which is close,but in any other case,even with KK you have
      at least 28+% equity.
    • maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      you got blockers to aa and kk. on these stakes I would 4 bet and if he give you more action I would go broke pre. AK is best if you see 5 cards. you have to play oop otherwise. If he is a reg flatting is ok but read less vs unkown I get it in pre happily all day long. You will be surprised what the actually flip for cards.

greets

maniac
    • OldSchoolPapa
      OldSchoolPapa
      Bronze
      In my opinion it's a fold unless you have reads on your opponents telling you otherwise else it would be a shove.
      Flat call in a multi-way pot humm sounds the worst option to me.
      Vs unknown opponents i would clearly fold giving them credit for a better hand in a SNG game format until i get better reads.
      Go broke with AK vs ?? and maybe an overcall ?? doesn't sound good to me early in a SNG.
      Plus it's micro so fold equity is a bad joke there.
      Doubling your stack early on do not guarantee you to be ITM or much better chances to be ... Much better to double up in middle or late game.

Kind regards,
      J-C.
    • vlzvl
      vlzvl
      Bronze
      you got blockers to aa and kk. on these stakes I would 4 bet and if he give you more action I would go broke pre. AK is best if you see 5 cards. you have to play oop otherwise. If he is a reg flatting is ok but read less vs unkown I get it in pre happily all day long. You will be surprised what the actually flip for cards.
      Yeah, i agree, i am more into aggression with the particular hand as it becomes vulnerable on early stages where the weak players are mostly found. I hate calling with the particular hand, especially multiway and OOP. I rather prefer to give it all now, which negates my bad position, multiway decisions and use fold equity for biting on some dead money as well on this full pot (35% of my current stack).

Go broke with AK vs ?? and maybe an overcall ?? doesn't sound good to me early in a SNG.
      Plus it's micro so fold equity is a bad joke there.
      Doubling your stack early on do not guarantee you to be ITM or much better chances to be ... Much better to double up in middle or late game.
      Thanx for the advice. Well, i would certainly not calling with AKs one's push as i know is 50-50 and that kills ICM-wise early + deepstack, but it does not seem too bad when the pot is full and all but one shown somewhat strength. Calling is meh, but folding? I would considered folding on Regular tourneys, but i started with Turbos lately and dunno. I remember Collin Moshman on his famous book writing that shoving in this spot is instant because of the current pot and whatever fold equity, while he would fold one's push for that matter. I understand the difficulty of hand, 3 answers saying a different thing :f_cry:
      In this case i prefer to give my own insight as well, if that helps.