This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

NL5 FR regular or SH zoom?

• RemiRem
      RemiRem
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      Currently grinding BR at NL2 zoom, 4 tables. Would it be big transition from FR to SH at NL5 ? Or should i go for regular FR NL5 and ABC poker? My goal for multi table grinding is to raise BR ($350) for NL10. Thank you !

So far at NL2 :

• 3 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      Hey RemiRem,

Difficult questions. What is your definition of a big transformation? Of course when you go up in limits it feels a bit weird at first, the competition is probably a bit tougher and you might need some time to adjust. If you switch from FR to 6max you need even more adjustments. For example the game is a bit more aggressive in 6max, stealing the blinds and also defending the blinds gets more important because you will be in those positions more often. If those are your weak areas you might see a slight drop in your overall winrate at first. But it is nothing impossible.

I don't think it matters that much whether you play regular or zoom. If your goal is to get 350$ fast and quit, I think focusing on solid ABC and big volume is good. However if your goal is to improve your game a lot and keep on climbing the levels, I would focus on studying poker also. I would mix at least 50/50 play and study. Then I would try to get better at implementing new strategies at the tables. That basically means that monetary goals and huge volume are secondary things and focusing on improving comes first.
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      That is a good looking graph! Congrats mate, and best of luck in the future! :f_drink:
    • anduke
      anduke
      Bronze
      Keep up the good work, graph looks great. I would say zoom is the way to go to grind out the volume.