This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2] AT on the CO vs BTN

• zetozinho
      zetozinho
      Silver

Flop is very connected so I decided to check with bottom pair.

Turn gives me a set and I bet for value and protection.

My doubt is on the river: bet or check?
      I did bet because there are some hands, like two pair or even a weaker set of tens that could call me here.
  • 6 replies
    • RemiRem
      RemiRem
      Bronze
      Villain is a fish (half stack) so his calling range here would be half of a deck. I would bet/fold river here all day long.
    • MyFloXyBabY
      MyFloXyBabY
      Gold
      AT on the CD ? Here I come, I like music ! :]

Joke aside, clear check flop, ok bet turn but it was possible to check again, and river I'd tend to check/call because we have a bluffcatch in a spot where our range is quite weak if we bet that.

Half stacks aren't all dumb fishes calling with half of the deck, far from it actually. Really weird comment to make here Remirem. Without info I wouldn't go overboard on such a slight whim.
    • Andrepipocado
      Andrepipocado
      Bronze
      About OTR bet I think it depends on the villain. If you have any info that the villain calls a lot I do not see problem in betting. I would have gone from bet river because the villain seems to me to be a fish(broken stack), but would have made a size between 50% and 66% of the pot to collect some Qx or Jx and fold if it was increased.
    • OldSchoolPapa
      OldSchoolPapa
      Bronze
      Do you have stats about your opponent on that specific hand ?
      If so that could be usefull in order to make better assumptions on the best way to play in that situation.
      For sure the board is really connected and drawy wich means cautious play there but weather to bet or check will be more related to your opponent i think.
      If he isn't the kind to not often call a c-bet then smells pretty bad also on the flop i would c-bet if his stats gives a high % of fold on C-bet...
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      Bet-folding sounds like a great option here IMO.
    • IamViki
      IamViki
      Silver
      I feel like bet on the river is too big for your hand there and is like turning the trips into a bluff. I would go for about half pot as a default and then adjust +/- 10% or even more if I have some useful info on Vilian. For example, if you know he can't fold top pair i would go for a full pot bet and if i know that he thinks that if i bet small(like 30-40%) that i'm bluffing and is gonna call with A-high and underpairs i would pick smaller sizing

btw. congrats on the raffle win :f_biggrin: