Can someone explain this Chart Cornholio used in his video

• PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Can anyone explain how to use this chart it seems very useful..also anyone using it currently (i mean does it work) ?

xxx
  • 5 replies
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Yes. It's called the approx chart, and it's considered the best chart for SH (works best on 1/2 and above). :)
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      How do I use it some of the 8 parts of the chart are simple, BUT I dont get why some parts like 1 (open raise chart 3.0/PFR multiplier) how does that work do I use the position if I dont have stats and do I use the PFR value if their PFR is a number in that chart? im in the CO do I raise from the CO chart then what are the PFR numbers there for... if someone could break down each section of the chart from 1-8 it would help me out alot.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi PidKoker,

I think frzl made a post a while ago about it.
      Maybe you can post him the link of the thread in one of his sample hands you wanted to be rated. :)

I have to edit the link as the chart is for gold+ users and if you link it here it's available for all. :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      The multiplier has nothing to do with the ORC itself.

It's used if you want to 3-bet. To 3bet perfect you need his PFR but as you often don't have the exact position PFR (well today that's possible with HM and PT3) you use the position multiplier.

That works like: His total PFR is 20%. He raised from MP2 so you take the 20% and multiply it with the value listed at the MP2 position and you get his PFR in this position.

With that you can use the big chart in the middle which shows the minimum PFR needed to 3-bet.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Yoghi explains it well in this thread: aprox- charts help