variance!

• Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze

NL10 SSS.

Played according to SHC and articles all the time, just didnt perform steals and resteals.

Can't win a god damn hand.
  • 9 replies
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      then you didn't tilt, did you? tilting is much worse than just getting unlucky.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hey Primzi.
      Not nice to see that you have lost 16 BIs in 2400 hands. But thats poker. If you are sure you stuck 100% to the SHC and 100% to basic postflop ideas, then i would say that its 95-100% variance. Maybe 5% tilt?

2400 hands is such a short term period that we cant even judge your game on that and as you said its probs just a downswing. Go over the hands where you lost 4BB or more and think, did you do anything wrong? Did i miss a Continuation bet?

Also when i played SSS my biggest leak was freeplays. I always went broke to loose so check that as well.

Im sure and hope that it is just variance and you will soon return back to winning ways :)

Best Wishes and Good Luck at the Tables,

-Kingdippy
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Thank you for the evaluation dippy, looks like the variance is just hitting me hard, yeah :( . I have evaluated the hands and 95% of them were played well. As for the freeplays, I won 2 and lost 2 that I played so I am breakeven. Lost em to better set and a suckout. I check/fold top pair mediocore kicker and I don't play weak flush draws and OESD.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Ok, I think the jinx should be over now, I made my way back up a bit, now it's 4 am and 4k hands behind me so all I want is some sleep... Ended up with a nice 15$ upswing and a triple up :) . Please don't go down again like this any time soon again, I don't like roller coasters :( .

• kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Ahhh now thats what we like to see. Looks like you won about 5 stacks in 100 hands!!
      Nice play!

Good Luck and keep it up :)

-Kingdippy
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      yes, made 9$ more so far...

this just shows what a bitch variance can be...
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Hey,

Anything around 20 stacks is standard, however, shouldn't happen too often on NL 10. Just keep going through your hands and make sure you play well on the flop.
    • tonnek
      tonnek
      Bronze
      this might be slight of topic, but how which software do you to make such graphs..

I am facing about the same phenomena you are, but haven't got a upswing yet or may ever have. I have lost nearly 50% of my starting capital playing SSS on NL10 :(
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      pokerstrategy elephant :) .