Are you a looser or a winner

• Bokkieboy
      Bokkieboy
      Bronze
      I think this is a very important question.
      I personally think i am a very bad poker player. I win yes, but not always.
      I win msometimes one out of ten, sometimes three in a row, sometimes I always get second or third, but then, sometimes I never even get third.

The more I loose , the more I think, exactly why i lost, poker is like chess, just more exciting. And i think not only why I loose a game, (ok mostly it is because i am impatient) stupid in other words, but it makes one think back about real life.

My honest believe is that poker can be a hell of a stress relieve instrument.(Exactly because you build up stress)

Thanks to you all,
      Bokkieboy
  • 6 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Winner... why else would I play... although sometimes I also have high self doubt when it doesn't go my way or I do stupid mistakes. Mistakes are less then good play, hence still winning just not optimal.

Every looser can become a winner through practice

Loosing in the beginning is essential to become a better player. Thats why there are micro stakes :)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Its ok to lose at the tables but you must never lose the mental battle with yourself.
      Take a break and study a bit more when you feel like a loser. Never play with a negative attitude("dam, Im going to lose on the river again...").
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Personally, I'm considering myself a winning player because I've won more money playing poker than I ever lost. I have 3 healthy bankrolls and continue to steadily build them up. Went broke on micro stakes a few times in the past, but it made me change my attitude towards my game to the better. So definitely a winner.

Originally posted by BokkieboyThe more I loose , the more I think, exactly why i lost, poker is like chess, just more exciting.
      Can't agree. Chess is won by brute computing force, calculating every possibility and choosing optimal play. In poker, even optimal play can lead to a loss on short term. Although in both cases you win through your opponent's deviation from perfect play, there's no way to accurately predict what cards your opponent is holding and how he will play them. Unlike in chess, where only the action on the board matters, not your opponent.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      :quote:
      Can't agree. Chess is won by brute computing force, calculating every possibility and choosing optimal play. In poker, even optimal play can lead to a loss on short term. Although in both cases you win through your opponent's deviation from perfect play, there's no way to accurately predict what cards your opponent is holding and how he will play them. Unlike in chess, where only the action on the board matters, not your opponent.
      :quote:

And that's the reason you don't have a girlfriend. :D
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      OP is hilarious!
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DecMate
      And that's the reason you don't have a girlfriend. :D
      Actually, I do, but nice try to be funny.