[NL2-NL10] QQ in SB

• STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Just reviewing some hands I've lost most on recently, came across this one...even after some time has passed, I still wanted to throw up after reading it...

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.32
      MP3:
      $1.59
      CO:
      $1.66

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.12, 2 folds, CO calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.28) 4:heart: , K:heart: , 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, CO calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.64) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.64, Hero raises to $2.02 (All-In), CO raises to $1.36 (All-In).

River: ($4.02) J:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.02

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Qh Qc)
      CO shows a flush, king high (6h 3h)

CO wins with a flush, king high (6h 3h)

With the high percentage of AP$IP of villain, I didn't believe him to have a K in his hand, but it was a sick sick sick play on his part. Other than that, though, did I play it correctly and just suffer from bad playeritis?
  • 4 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Pfr: OK
      Flop: Bet a bit more, flushdraw possible on the board and you mustn't bet less than if you had the K here (for balance)
      Turn: Ok, so you go for a checkraise. Why?? It makes no sense at all to do it, because it turns your hand into a bluff (basically only better hands will call you).
      I would play bet/fold to get value from the flushdraw
      River: If he calls the turn bet, you should c/c a small bet on the river if its not a heart (to induce a bluff from a missed draw). Fold to a big bet though. Also, c/f if the river is a heart - anything that bets then will beat you.

"With the high percentage of AP$IP of villain, I didn't believe him to have a K in his hand"
      What? If anything, this might be even more likely to be a K-rag than if he had been tight. A tight player wouldn't limp/call some random A or K-rag preflop, but some 50/15 guy (only 13 hands btw, don't rely on stats without a decent sample) could very likely do it.

And don't post results!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      c/rai on the turn is fine, if you believe that villain would float on the flop and take stab on the turn, although when called you´re likely behind.
      I´d likely c/c turn to induce bets from worse hands and c/f river if flush completes.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Would you really consider an unknown villain on NL2 to be able to float you very often? :tongue:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Would you really consider an unknown villain on NL2 to be able to float you very often? :tongue:
      Not really, but he could easily call with flushdraw and then bet turn as a semibluff :)