City of residence: Ljubljana
      Poker platform: PokerStars
      Nickname: PrimziB
      Strategy: SSS
      Starting limit: NL10
      Hobbys: B-boying, poker, skiing, snowboarding, travelling, jumpstyle

What is B-boying?

Poker history:

I've started playing poker for real money in november 2008. Since then, I've tried out playing 6max SNGs, FR SNGs, MTTs, NL BSS SH, FL SH and DoNs. I also tried out SSS once and it didn't tourn out well as I played it on SH tables and ended down alot because I didn't adjust the strategy to SH, I played too tight and I ended up losing alot of blinds :$. The main leaks in my game were not following the BRM and going all-in too many times at BSS. And a few weeks ago I needed money urgently so I withdrew it from full tilt. Before, I played on titan poker, mansion poker and full tilt.

Now I decided to deposit 10€ on PokerStars and see what happens. At first, I played alot of 0.10$ 360 man SNG's 10 tabling them and they went quite well. The only problem was that I was not getting any rake and therefore strategy points and I was due losing silver status. So I once again said screw the BRM, played about 150 1.15$ DoNs, they were quite easy, mostly 10-20 tabled them, even tried 26 tabling once and cleared the first deposit bonus and turned those starting 12.91$ into a 50$+ BR. Now I decided to give SSS a try as it is quite interesting and it should get me a nice ammount of strategy points. As for the BRM, I don't know if this is the wisest idea but the lowest limit I'll play will be NL10 (NL5 doesn't give me FPP strategy points :( ), BUT if my BR ever gets under 10$, I will move to 0.10$ 360 man SNGs to boost it up again as I do not feel like redepositing. I will move to NL20 when I reach 30-50BI and improve my game that much that I'll feel comfortable playing that limit. I doubt it'll be before a 150$ BR though.

Current progress:

One of the reasons that I decided to try out SSS was also reading Gerv's blog, it really inspires me and gives me the motivation to play :) . Now let's see how first few thousand hands at SSS went (8 tabling):

As you can see, I have hit a very painful downswing at the beginning, but what kept me going was that I felt like I was playing my A-game 95% of the time (Of course I did some mistakes and missclicked a few times, but that's normal for a beginner). And soon I stopped getting sucked out and I started winning coinflips so I've made most of it back already :) .

My plans with this blog:

I will try to post an update every day or two to show you my progress, I will also post some hands and evaluate them here, hopefully receieving some feedback as well :) . I will also post some videos etc to try to entertain you :) . As for my game-play, I will focus on evaluating and studying the strategies, articles and coachings more, and playing a bit less (I started that session yesterday in the evening, I played way too much :$). I will also try to evaluate hands on the forum and try to discuss my strategy with Gerv and improve it :) .

My goals:

Short-term:

Play 15k hands until the end of March: 4462/15000 hands played
      Read Gerv's blog: 2/33 pages read
      Reach a 100$ BR some time in April: 39.26$/100$

Long-term:

Evaluate at least 3 hands a day in the hand evaluation section
      Set a stop/loss limit at -5BI as well as the stop/win -> loss at +5BI.
      Evaluate every session I play here
      Eventually reach Silver star
      Eventually reach gold PS status
      Improve my game that much that I'll be able to grind 16-24 tables with no mistakes on NL10

This is it, I hope to receieve some feedback soon :) . Good luck at the tables!
  • 17 replies
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      you wrote in downswing reports, not blogs section :)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Oops :$. Could a mod please move this to blogs section?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Primzi,

Its good to see another SSSer starting up a blog and i wish the best of luck in your journey.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      But still looks like a good start :)

I'll be checking in sometimes! maybe have a sweat session or something!
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      Oops :$. Could a mod please move this to blogs section?
      done

Nice Introduction ;) Keep it up !

Good luck
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      [CENTER]Thank you xylere :) .

Played another session of 801 hands.

Graph:

Went pretty good, the peak at the and was when I hit 50$ again, unfortunately I lost the push that would give me profit, the straight flush draw didn't want to hit a straight or a flush :( .

Suckout moment:

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      9 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG setterson ($10.00)
      UTG+1 Hero ($2.00)
      MP1 Nonalulz ($1.85)
      MP2 vbender ($10.00)
      MP3 xhazedx ($9.55)
      CO Ogni ($10.60)
      BTN MrRadiomir ($11.20)
      SB jwrathall1 ($6.75)
      BB smoggy1962 ($4.70)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 9 players) Hero is UTG+1 J:club: J:diamond:
      setterson calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, xhazedx calls $0.50, 4 folds, setterson folds

Flop: 8:spade: 7:heart: K:diamond: ($1.25, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, xhazedx calls $0.60

Turn: K:heart: ($2.45, 2 players)
      Hero goes all-in $0.90, xhazedx calls $0.90

River: 9:heart: ($4.25, 2 players)

Final Pot: $4.25
      xhazedx shows: 8:heart: 4:heart:
      Hero shows: J:club: J:diamond:

xhazedx wins $4.05 ( won +$2.05 )
      setterson lost -$0.10
      Hero lost -$2

This one hurt me the most :( . As for the hand evaluation, I did a mistake by not raising more on the flop, a 2/3 pot raise or a shove would be better. Right now I think I should have shoved rather than just raised, this way I'd create more fold equity and by raising 2/3 of the pot I would just get pot commited. Today I have learned that your raise on the flop should depend on your position (IP/OOP) :) . And I am beginning to understand the fold equity more as well I beleieve.

Fried fish moment:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $11,10
      MP3:
      $5,75
      Hero:
      $2,00

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , A:spade:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0,20, Hero raises to $0,70, 2 folds, BB calls $0,60, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($1,65) 4:spade: , 4:heart: , 3:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,60, Hero raises to $1,30 (All-In), BB calls $0,70.

Turn: ($4,25) K:club:
      River: ($4,25) 2:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and fours (Ac As)
      BB shows two pairs, fours and threes (Ah 3h)

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and fours (Ac As)

Well I beleieve that this one was well played, the odds of the villain having a 4 aren't that big, so i just shoved.

Goals update:

Play 15k hands until the end of March: 5263/15000 hands played - should be quite easy to reach I think :) .
      Read Gerv's blog: 2/33 pages read - off to reading it now :) .
      Reach a 100$ BR some time in April: 47.6$/100$ - half way through :) .

[B]Youtube moment:[/B]

I find this video emotional and somehow inspirational... now I'm off to studying poker, reading Gerv's blog, chatting and doing some phylosophical analysis of Matrix the movie :) .[/CENTER]
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Switching to NL?
      Good luck :)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Yes, NL :) . Getting beaten by 64o on FL is -EV :( .
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      You think no one plays 64o on NL? :D

And BTW... Not following BRM isn't a good idea. If you can't be disciplined enough, you will go broke. You will see. Well maybe you will get this by hard way :)

Just copy/paste all the articles or print them out and that's it. You don't have to be silver on here all the time. You will get to silver when you will "deserve" it or better to say "earn it".
      There is a reason you can't get to silver at NL5... You just don't need that level. Bronze articles are enough :)

And already losing 3/4 of your BR at that -37$ "peak" is +EV? :D

No offence about my writing... I just want to help :)

Good luck!
      Will look from time to time how you are doing.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      corey:

proof that it was just variance, this is +EV :P .

I'm following BRM at the moment :$.

No, haven't ran into a player calling my preflop raise with 64o yet i think :( . I wish I did though cause I'll win em most of time :P .
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      6.2k hands doesn't necessairly prove its not variance :P but looks good still! :)

and don't worry, the time will come when you'll get called by 64o or worse. I love stars :D
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi welcome to the club! new SSS blog, cool. keep it up!

hey dadude do you also have one? we are always hijacking other ppl's blogs :)
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      not very well kept :D . I should maybe start one! Although I keep going back between SnG's and SSS lol
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Up, down, up, down, ... , up!

As promised, I am writing to you again and in this post, I shall tell you how my yesterday went. I woke up at about 11 am and watched some ski jumping as usual for the past few days. Then soon, the lunch time came, and voila!, it was time for the B-boying rehearsal, which sadly didn't go very well as I'm quite bad mooded lately because not everything in my life is running as it should. As soon as I came back home, I started up my PC and it was time for...

BOTD.

First hand I played I messed it up a bit as my c-bet bluff failed, and my chip stack was halved. There were also some hands I could play, but unfortunately, Hlynkinn entered the pot before me every time I've had a hand, so I gave them up to not take his chips. Then I've built it up with some blind steals, as my table was pretty tight and perfect for that :) . After some time, I got on a table where Seednoir and Vhallee sat right next to me :) . When I decided to push, Vhalle sadly called me and here's what happenned :| .

No Limit Holdem Tournament
      $5.00+$0.50
      8 players

Stacks:
      UTG Hero (2095)
      UTG+1 seednoir (2834)
      MP1 vhallee (1645)
      MP2 AAIvanKK (3064)
      CO gorin77 (5662)
      BTN carolina34 (5848)
      SB jorgmees (7415)
      BB Aardwark (4171)

Blinds: 100/200 Ante 25

Pre-flop: (500, 8 players) Hero is UTG T:club: A:club:
      Hero goes all-in 2,070, 1 fold, vhallee goes all-in 1,620, 5 folds

Flop: J:spade: 3:spade: 3:diamond: (4,190, 2 players)

Turn: 4:spade: (4,190, 2 players)

River: 6:diamond: (4,190, 2 players)

Final Pot: 3,740
      vhallee shows: Q:diamond: K:diamond:
      Hero shows: T:club: A:club:

Hero wins 4,190 ( won +2,120 )
      vhallee lost -1,620

Not much I could do, really. Later on he explained in IRC that he called because he wasn't getting any playable hands for the whole game. Ah well, later on I played vs. spaniards a bit, exchanged some chips with seednoir and busted one of the english because he had called my raise (he was super short stacked anyways, on like 250 chips). I never got any really good hands so when my M kept getting lower, I decided to push and what happenned happenned, not much I could have done about it:

No Limit Holdem Tournament
      $5.00+$0.50
      9 players

Stacks:
      UTG jorgmees (5283)
      UTG+1 sirilidion (2928)
      MP1 Hero (1812)
      MP2 seednoir (5568)
      MP3 Timukasr1 (5142)
      CO AAIvanKK (7658)
      BTN gorin77 (5927)
      SB musicaces (8435)
      BB carolina34 (4229)

Blinds: 300/600 Ante 50

Pre-flop: (1,350, 9 players) Hero is MP1 4:heart: 4:spade:
      seednoir says "I love you too much guys, I just can't leave you", 2 folds, Hero goes all-in 1,762, 5 folds, carolina34 calls 1,162

Flop: 2:club: 7:spade: J:spade: (4,274, 2 players)

Turn: A:heart: (4,274, 2 players)
      seednoir says "gl"

River: 8:club: (4,274, 2 players)
      seednoir says "damn", gorin77 says "bien"

Final Pot: 4,274
      carolina34 shows: A:diamond: Q:club:
      Hero shows: 4:heart: 4:spade:

carolina34 wins 4,274 ( won +2,512 )
      Hero lost -1,762

I've placed 6th out of the english community and 26th overall (18 ITM) so it was a pretty decent tourny for me. Too bad I didn't get ITM as that would mean a nice boost to my BR but ah well. More luck next time :) .

Back to the title!

Ok, now it's time for me to explain the title. As you could have guessed, it is about my yesterday's SSS session. The graph should speak for itself:

Hands played: 1644
      BB/100: 2,68
      Profit: +$4,40

As you can see, it was a VERY swingy session, there were alot of pushes because I was getting alot of playable hands, and the suckouts gave me some pretty intense headaches. But I stayed pretty calm and concentrated on playing my A-game, I said to my self "at least I'm break-even and not on a downswing :) ". I decided to end my session 15 minutes earlier than planned because I wanted to have profit in the end :) .

Now about today... Woke up at 7 am, went to school, studied odds and outs during school a bit, at a break me and some school mates went out for a drink, the gin tonic was really good and cheap :) . After the break, I took the math exam and it went pretty well, especially because I only studied about 15 minutes for it. After the exam I was happy so I went to the bar to have a beer with my friend (no, I usually don't drink alcohol, but it's good to make you less nervous at exams, and for celebrating on a nice, sunny day :) ). Now I'm here, writing this blog and waiting for my pokerstars strategy points to come as I am only 9 points from getting the elephant license and I really want to start using expert HUD in my games :) .

Now an update on my goals:

Play 15k hands until the end of March: 7918/15000 hands played - easy :) .
      Read Gerv's blog: 3/33 pages read - yes, I've read another page... damn they're long pages :( . but the fried fish moments are just so damn fun :D !
      Reach a 100$ BR some time in April: 52.41$/100$ - slowly climbing up :) .

And now, the last but not least:

The youtube moment!

A fun commercial for men :) . See ya soon!
    • justbor
      justbor
      Bronze
      mind just saying which part of Ljubljana that is, which highschool do you visit? xD
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

It's fužine and Gimnazija Vič. And you?
    • justbor
      justbor
      Bronze
      nice, had a friend from Ljubljana x)