Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $10.09
      Hero:
      $10.40

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, SB raises to $1.00, BB folds, Hero calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.10) K:spade: , Q:spade: , A:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10.

Turn: ($4.30) 2:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.40, Hero calls $2.40.

River: ($9.10) 4:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $5.59 (All-In), Hero calls $5.59.

Final Pot: $20.28

- I elected to call down rather than reraising because I was worried about KK, AA. Should I have reraised flop or turn or would this just isolate my set against higher sets?
  • 2 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Pfr: I would get it in. I guess some people don't, but I do :P

Flop: Raise to get it in right there, you have to be pretty weak to just call down your QQ-set here :tongue: Villain could get it in with Ax, AK, KQ, flushdraw, JT (you have FH outs against this) other than the other sets.

You see, your comment "I wanted to call down instead of get it in" is irrelevant because as you see there is no way you're not getting it in at the end anyway, and it's always better to do so on the flop rather than seeing more cards.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think raising flop and getting all-in there is better, since player is never folding AK (and that is mainly the only hand which would continue on the turn+ flushdraws if you just call on the flop)
      I don´t see too many worse hands folding and there could be some ugly cards, so raising flop is better than just calldown.