UTG ($5.05)
      UTG+1 ($2.60)
      CO ($23.80)
      Hero (BTN) ($11.35)
      SB ($10.50)
      BB ($13.05)
      [UTG+1 posted $0.1]

Pre-flop: ($0.25, 6 players) Hero is BTN 9:heart: 9:spade:
      1 fold, UTG+1 checks, CO raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.30

Flop: 5:spade: 3:spade: 7:diamond: ($1.35, 3 players)
      UTG+1 checks, CO bets $0.90, Hero raises to $2, UTG+1 goes all-in $2.20, CO folds, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: T:heart: ($6.65, 2 players)

River: 5:diamond: ($6.65, 2 players)

[Results Hidden]

Co was isolating a lot because Utg+1 was a fish so in this situation when Co makes the donk bet on the flop i was thinking that either he has a strong draw, overcards, or he is bluffing so i decided to re-raise to get some information. What do you think about my play?
  • 2 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Pfr: I would 3bet here, given the information. If he is isolating a lot, I'd rather take the money now and not see a flop. 99 is strong anyway

Flop: First of all, CO doesn't donk bet here - he is cbetting. I think it's ok to make a raise here with your overpair - as long as you're intending to fold if he comes over the top. (No question about calling UTGs remaining .20 of course)

So I would prefer to take this down preflop instead of seeing a (quite possibly) multi-way pot.
    • soucy
      soucy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Pfr: I would 3bet here, given the information. If he is isolating a lot, I'd rather take the money now and not see a flop. 99 is strong anyway

Flop: First of all, CO doesn't donk bet here - he is cbetting. I think it's ok to make a raise here with your overpair - as long as you're intending to fold if he comes over the top. (No question about calling UTGs remaining .20 of course)

So I would prefer to take this down preflop instead of seeing a (quite possibly) multi-way pot.
      Totaly agree. If CO is isolating light 3bet him IP with 99.

As played I would do the same.