This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 99 Ip

• Sonydahaka
      Sonydahaka
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      6 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($5.05)
      UTG+1 ($2.60)
      CO ($23.80)
      Hero (BTN) ($11.35)
      SB ($10.50)
      BB ($13.05)
      [UTG+1 posted $0.1]

Pre-flop: ($0.25, 6 players) Hero is BTN 9:heart: 9:spade:
      1 fold, UTG+1 checks, CO raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.30

Flop: 5:spade: 3:spade: 7:diamond: ($1.35, 3 players)
      UTG+1 checks, CO bets $0.90, Hero raises to $2, UTG+1 goes all-in $2.20, CO folds, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: T:heart: ($6.65, 2 players)

River: 5:diamond: ($6.65, 2 players)

[Results Hidden]

Co was isolating a lot because Utg+1 was a fish so in this situation when Co makes the donk bet on the flop i was thinking that either he has a strong draw, overcards, or he is bluffing so i decided to re-raise to get some information. What do you think about my play?
  • 2 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Pfr: I would 3bet here, given the information. If he is isolating a lot, I'd rather take the money now and not see a flop. 99 is strong anyway

Flop: First of all, CO doesn't donk bet here - he is cbetting. I think it's ok to make a raise here with your overpair - as long as you're intending to fold if he comes over the top. (No question about calling UTGs remaining .20 of course)

So I would prefer to take this down preflop instead of seeing a (quite possibly) multi-way pot.
    • soucy
      soucy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Pfr: I would 3bet here, given the information. If he is isolating a lot, I'd rather take the money now and not see a flop. 99 is strong anyway

Flop: First of all, CO doesn't donk bet here - he is cbetting. I think it's ok to make a raise here with your overpair - as long as you're intending to fold if he comes over the top. (No question about calling UTGs remaining .20 of course)

So I would prefer to take this down preflop instead of seeing a (quite possibly) multi-way pot.
      Totaly agree. If CO is isolating light 3bet him IP with 99.

As played I would do the same.