NL50 HU 99 vs maniac

• DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Before you look at the hand, there are some things you should know. We had a long HU session already (as you can see by the stacksizes). He seems to be tilting since he was 3betting every hand to $7 (no matter if I openraised $1 of $1.50) or sometimes to $4 and he was calling down most of the hands.

I posted this hand in my blog on the Dutch forum and the question is if I should 4bet with 99 or just call? And if I 4bet, how big?

$0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
      2 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      Hero (BTN) ($390.90)
      BB ($182.10)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 2 players) Hero is BTN 9:club: 9:spade:
      Hero raises to $1.50, BB raises to $4, Hero ???
  • 6 replies
    • Ninja666mdk
      Ninja666mdk
      Bronze
      I think u should call, cuz if he is on tilt then he can 5bet u and u dont have a choise. Flop and later streets depends on your gameflow but u have position - if u 4bet and he calls if he 5bet and u call it will be more difficult to use this advantage.
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Bronze
      Just call and hit set, and bet bet bet.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      i think calling is better here for various reasons.
      i would almost never 4bet here even if i have a sick call that he will 5 bet light and get it in because even so you will be fliping most of the times 4 bins deep
      if you call you can always hit your set and get most of the value from his bluffs or made hands + you will be in position and you can control the size of the pot or give up without having to play an high variance game especialy when the other guy is tilted and ready to make crazy play
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      If you have edge over opponent play small pots - this is general rule.
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      I made a 4bet here because I thought I would often have the best hand. But I get the point why that's not good, playing it postflop is so difficult and if I hit I'll probably get all the money in, no matter if I 4bet or not.

Thanks for the replies.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      4bet and try to get it in preflop vs this guy imo.