are the $6 DON SnGs beatable

• ovechkin91
      ovechkin91
      Bronze
      I withdrew my entire party roll other than $240 b/c of non-poker money problems. I would like to rebuild my role mass multitabling (15+ tables) the $5+1 DON SnG. In order to player breakeven I need to finish ITM 60% of the time (10*$6=60)(60/10=6). Is it possible to make profits on this limit with sound ICM and basic SnG principles?
  • 5 replies
    • ovechkin91
      ovechkin91
      Bronze
      common 27 views and 0 responses
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi ovechkin,

I'm currently grinding the $11 ones on party and they do seem beatable. I chose these as they are only 10% fee (10+1).
      Not sure what fee the $6 ones are, but guessing 20%/25%, so it would of course be a lot more difficult, but I think still achievable. Need to try it and see I guess, a set of 20 would probably give you an early indication, although allow a lot more in case of variance.

Hope this helps,

Bart

I only viewed once, honest :D
    • ovechkin91
      ovechkin91
      Bronze
      thanks Bart and congrats on becoming a moderator.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Thx, appreciate that. It's good to give, albeit only a little, back to the community.

Meant to say earlier btw that I'm doing the speed DoN's, mainly because:
      > I'm currently struggling on the regular Top 3 ones (cashing 1/4 of time as opposed to 1/3 as recommended in the coaching session the other day).
      > My Push/Fold judgement is coming on in leaps and bounds though
      > on Party, the less 'regular' players seem to panic towards the latter stages and feel the need to push with substandard hands and get picked off by the big stacks. By just sitting and stinking to your ICM principles, you really only need to make 1 or 2 marginal decisions now and again. Might not be quite the same on other sites though.

Currently achieving a daily average of between 40% & 70% cashes, slowly gaining over time.

I too would be interested in others views.

Bart
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ovechkin91
      common 27 views and 0 responses
      Maybe no one can speak from personal experience?