BOTD Final Staking Give-Away: Your Feedback

• SoyCD

Today is the last tournament of the Battle of The Donkeys Season 6: BOTD: TODAY 22nd March - FINAL Tournament!

That means once again we will be having an exciting private tournament against the Spanish. We really need to do well in this tournament if we want to save face ;)

This staking deal is therefore quite easy....

Did you take part in this season of BOTD?
      How did you like it?
      What could we have done better - or what did you really enjoy about it?
      What are your suggestions for future community events?

Finally: Do you actually want a stake or are you just posting for the sake of feedback (also much appreciated :) )

I'll be giving away quite a lot of stakes for this one :)
  • 12 replies
    • kennyxx
      It was great season, more teams, more fun, spanish guys....but what I enjoyed most were community turneys. Maybe next season we can battling only in theese types of turneys. And maybe add one omaha turney? It would be much more fun to battle each other then just posting how are we doing in big turney...What the others think about it?
    • PokerKingMatt
      This was my first BOTD and i really enjoyed it i like the way its run and enjoy looking at the rusults the next day! i have been greatfull for the staking deals i have recived! i think we should keep it the same and not change anything! except i get a free pass to the final table :D

Stake needed :D
    • andyb43
      Poker is by its very nature an individual sport. So to put something together whereby players can participate as a team adds another positive dimension to the whole game. That is why I take part in the BOTD - to be cheered and to cheer on team mates...........and to try and win of course.

Personally I preferred the BOTD of last season without the Spanish. The whole Spanish thing for me has diluted the keen inter-team rivalery between the English community teams. The fact that the Spanish have twice as many players also makes the whole thing unfair - to quote an old boxing phrase 'A good Biggun will always beat a good Littlun of the same ability.'

On a different note what about having another International League like we did last year............then we can kick the S£$% out of the Spanish (and germans and French etc. ) on equal terms.

Stake needed..........enduring a sphincter tightening downswing at the moment........ta
    • mishuq
      I'm glad to mention here that this was my first season in the botd and even though I'm not very proud of my personal results, I managed to catch a bit of this competition's taste and I found team play was awesome. I've met great guys, good players and am grateful for this as well because playing/training side by side with them was a nice experience combined with loads of fun.
      I'm not sure if anything should change in next seasons, but would be great to have more and more players signing up for our community. and...hopefully in future I'll be able to stake myself for ALL the season rounds and get better results ( yeah I also need a stake in order to play today :| )

loads of thanks for setting up this great event and good luck to all of you!
    • mortimeral
      Yes id like a stake please, This was my first BOTD and quite enjoyed it.would like to see more private games rather than play against 6.000. You could get in the top 300 without facing anyone from either least private games make it more of a competition.Think i did ok tho as i reached the cash twice(so far) .Like the running commentary makes it more exciting, keep up the good work.
    • snaker3
      Yes, I m playing this season, and I enjoy it! I it could be longer about 10 weeks!
      I enjoy to play against spaniards it is very fun, in next seasons could face another communities too!?
      I d like to get stake :)
    • Kimber88
      Hey fellas

I participated in this season in Team Donkey Patrol.

It's been a blast. Great with the community tournaments. And as always the IRC is so great along with a nice tournament.

The rivalry with the Spanish donks has been quite fun too even though we've been badly outnumbered.

For future BOTD I agree with Kenny that a PLO tournament or mixed game tour like HA or HORSE could be really cool :)

I'll go without a stake tonight. GL everyone.
    • SoyCD
      Thank you for the feedback guys

snaker3, mortimeral, mishuq, andyb43, PokerKingMatt & kennyxx will already get stakes - although more feedback before the tournament starts is welcome.

Best regards
    • radyan111
      I will stake myself this week.

The whole initiative was a great idea in my opinion. I had lots of fun, I've met many great members of the community and spend some great time on the IRC channel. Such events are great for getting the community members to know each other better and the spirit of competition is always welcome.

I liked the private tournaments more like some other people previously said. I have the feeling that the tourney was made for us and for no one else.

The thing that was the biggest downside was that we were outnumbered - I know it's hard to organise the thing for only fixed number of players, cause it will always means someone who wants to play gets excluded. Dunno how we can cope with that problem, but I think it's worth some consideration.

See you all tonight and good luck at the tables!
    • justkyle88
      Did you take part in this season of BOTD?
      Yes and will be in future donkaments. :)

How did you like it?
      Loved it. Even though we got our arse handed to us.

What could we have done better - or what did you really enjoy about it?

I enjoy the whole spanish thing but we need to make it run longer because 3 tournaments doesnt give a big enough sample size to see who is the best even thought it is for a bit of fun.

And, i could almost gaurentee some of the English Admins and mods have had side bets on this season ;) and we can't have our leaders loosing money to those spanish donks, hehe.

What are your suggestions for future community events?

More rounds.
      Hopefully more teams.
      Easy staking wins, that shopping cart is impossible, haha
      More community teams.
      Ummmm, im not sure.
      I'll get back to you.

I'd love staking :)
    • kreuzfeld
      I participated in this season BOTD. I liked it very much. I would love it if there were more tournaments and really enjoyed the competition. I know it's on the last trigger, but would love to get a stake as well ;) .
    • EagleStar88
      Staking not required.

I can only echo the sentiments already expressed above. I personally find all the community events a real buzz (bet that came as a shock to a few.... not :D ) and Sunday's would be sooooo boring without them.
       Random thoughts:
      • Like the mix of long tournaments & shorter private tournaments;
      • Think adding the odd Omaha, stud or HORSE event would throw a lot of people and for that reason alone would be a great laugh :D
      • Love the Botd, but also loved the International league, in some respects more so, as greater numbers of players from our community got involved and we all knew or soon got to know each other extremely well, not so easy with the battle against largely unknown Spanish community players and hoards of pokerstars unknowns. Prefer to restrict to Eng comm only and then maybe winners from each comm meet in a showdown;
      • IRC is great;
      • Continue with buyin no greater than $5, maybe include the odd freeroll to get as many members involved as possible (although appreciate cost involved to PS);
      • Team spirit within each team as well as in the community as a whole has been superb with a good number of players each week railing those remaining (whichever team they're from) home;
      • Start times etc probably already pitched at the optimal time to suit the vast majority of players, big respect to Justkyle & the other Oceanic's for getting up at 4/5am on a Monday morning to participate;
       Probably enough for now, gotta save my brain cells for the push/fold to follow :D Bart