SSS: Sklansky Chubokov Pushing

• WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      I've read this article a couple of times, and each time I do I feel a bit weird about it. I'm certainly not ready to use this information, but I was wondering if there are guys using it, and what their results are?

(It feels weird to push 15 bbs, or 20 or whatever..)
  • 4 replies
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      I'm also a bit skeptical about this one. although I'm definatelly on +$$ with theese moves because I only got one caller in about 50 attempts or so (that was of course -1 BI with A4s vs QQ O.o), I usually only try those on NL50 or higher limits or whenever I get one of those hands and I'm bored to death but I always feel weird when I do it. if I get called only once, nobody from that table would ever fold to a raise from me E V E R :D

first reason would be that while I've read some critics on Sklansky's 'how to donk for beginners' books, I started to doubt this pushes as well

and second reason...if you ever think of doing this at a fishy table where you suppose you'll win big time because of the bad skill level, don't ! it kind of destroys your image and it doesn't even have to happen because of a bad call from the BB with KTo vs your A9s. you can just get unlucky and bump into a high pp in the most inapropiate moment :|
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      my jaw actually dropped open when i read that article... i was thinking, i read it on PS so it's probably not a scam written by a poker player who wants all the fishes to give him their money... could this actually be true? if so, that would be amazing.
      Silver
      Guys, the reason behin s-c pushes is that it works on every table. Go to a table with Durrrr, Ziigmund and Dario Minieri and it will still work - provided you're full ring.

It's mathematically proven; if you deny the consistency of the proof, do it yourself.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      my jaw actually dropped open when i read that article... i was thinking, i read it on PS so it's probably not a scam written by a poker player who wants all the fishes to give him their money... could this actually be true? if so, that would be amazing.
      actually the whole point of that is that it's unexploitable :) open pushing KK with 100bb is not very good but it's not exploitable.