No bankroll given yet...

• raptorak
      raptorak
      Global
      Just wanting to see if it's normal for it to take more than 48 hours for a bankroll to be given. I passed the quiz on last Saturday if I remember right(Which was 7 days ago, 5 of which were "working days."). Just wondering if I can get a status update.

Thanks in advance.

Edit : I just want to add that I have been watching both my emails and the "Support" link here every 12 hours. I've gotten no messages.
  • 4 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello raptorak,

I am sorry to say that at the moment we cannot transfer starting capital to players residing in the U.S. due to the current legal situation in your country. This is why you needed to indicate that you are not from the USA when you registered.

If and when the legal situation in the USA changes we hope to also accept US players - but until then there is nothing we can do

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • raptorak
      raptorak
      Global
      Out of curiosity, why is it that many of the poker sites still allow players(Including the one I signed up to) but you can not offer the bankrolls?
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi raptorak,

The thing is that US players can play on some sites like Full Tilt, Stars; however, we are not allowed to transfer funds to them.

Best,
      thunder
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raptorak
      Out of curiosity, why is it that many of the poker sites still allow players(Including the one I signed up to) but you can not offer the bankrolls?
      Hello raptorak,

Its quite simple: the entire aspect of operating in the US market is legal grey area. That is why some operators chose to stay in the US and others didn't (e.g. PartyPoker & Pacific Poker moved out). We chose the to take the latter route and also stayed out of the US market.

In addition this, the UIEGA has a "banning effect" on gambling in the USA due to restricting the ability to transfer money from and to poker sites. As such making player transfers to US players is actually violating the UIEGA and therefore even more so operating in legally unclear waters.

I hope you understand.

Best regards
      SoyCD