SnG pro, Cash game no

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Ok i've just started playing for real money thanks to the starting cap, and i seem to be way better at SnG's then ring games.
      i get into the top 2 9/10 times but in cash games i win for the first 10 hands then go on a downswing.

What do you think i should do? because lots of players say "the money's all in the ring games" and i'm not too good at them.
      any suggestions?
  • 15 replies
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I you get in top 2 9/10 times I would play a mont and retire afterwards on a nice private island surrounded with hot girls and a small team of scientists figuring out new ways for them to be nice to me ^^

fo real: doesn't really matter imo :)
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Haha.
      at the limits i play it's a little doubtful that i'll be doing that.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Play where you are good at lol so if you are good at SNG play them whz bother with cash games. Good SNG players make loads of money aswell lol :D
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      1. Play whatever you're best at, everything can be very profitable if you're good at it :)
      2. If you would like to change playing styles, READ THE ARTICLES, evaluate your play and post your hands in the hands evaluation section :) .
      3. VARIANCE is a big factor. Even if you're playing your A-game, you can hit a downswing, and if you're a donk, you can still hit an upswing.
      4. Even if you're a good player, you won't get ITM 900/1000 games. Well if you will you'll be a millionare. It's probably just luck, you can't judge being a good player on 10 games ;) . Try 1000 and then we're talking :) . And even then, it might not all be as it seems (remember boku's 1,5k games break-even session ;) )
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      1. Play whatever you're best at, everything can be very profitable if you're good at it smile

BAAAAH WROOOONG!!!... play whatever you have fun playing... if you enjoy sng's play em... if you enjoy cash games play em... if you enjoy basketball play it...

What do you think i should do? because lots of players say "the money's all in the ring games" and i'm not too good at them.
      any suggestions?

Sng's are prooofitableeeee just like ring games.. and imo they are much more fun :D Check out my blog. luborc blog. miskokvo blog... and some other sng blog... and you can pretty much see how much more awesome sng players are...
      Our personalitys is just way better than ring game personalitys... lmao
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      Sng's are prooofitableeeee just like ring games.. and imo they are much more fun :D Check out my blog. luborc blog. miskokvo blog... and some other sng blog... and you can pretty much see how much more awesome sng players are...
      not even to mention the huge size of our E-Penis
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Yeahhhhh.
      I think ima try get better at cash games, but play more SnG then anything, as that's what i've learned most about and got more experience in.
      Thanks guys :heart:
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      1. Play whatever you're best at, everything can be very profitable if you're good at it smile

BAAAAH WROOOONG!!!... play whatever you have fun playing... if you enjoy sng's play em... if you enjoy cash games play em... if you enjoy basketball play it...

any suggestions?

Err the only reason that people read your blog are the girls :P . I find all styles of poker pretty enjoying though...
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Primzi
      Err the only reason that people read your blog are the girls :P . I find all styles of poker pretty enjoying though...
      Primzi : Hlynkinn = 1:0 :D

Personally, I prefer ring games because I like to play the same strategy all the time, but it's just me...

There're enough money for private island in both so no need to worry.
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      Originally posted by DecMate
      Ok i've just started playing for real money thanks to the starting cap, and i seem to be way better at SnG's then ring games.
      i get into the top 2 9/10 times but in cash games i win for the first 10 hands then go on a downswing.

any suggestions?
      ever heard of Boku? prolly not.. :) boku87 sick propbet: $100 into 10k in 15 days
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      this is what sng players look like:

notice the huge balls
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      [x] viewer88 was scammed by TV ad
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Wow this thread is really full of gold lol!
      Im more of a cash game player tbh. I just think instead of winning 50%, you win 100%!!!! But i also like the dynamics of cash games more and the fact that you play with real money and not chips.

But SnGs have there advantages as well. I think this community is very "Cash Game biased" tho :D
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      how can you guys enjoy ring games... you never feel like a hero in those...

And whats up with Viewer viewing pictures of half naked man? or no completely naked dude...
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      with balls like mine I can't be worried about your opinion (see image)