New to online poker

• tookie130
      tookie130
      Bronze
      Hey everyone.

I decided to look into this "new" trend of online poker.

I went ahead and read through the strategys on this site and it helped me understand the basics quickly. Having no pree knownlede before this site i still took the quizz in second attempt.

I went ahead and created a Titan poker account and registered it here.
      So how long does it usually take for the starting bonus to be sent to my account?

And futhermore, Seeing as i had only been online on Titan poker for 5minutes before a custermor supports person started harrashing me about starting offers and what not, I say harrash because after several attempts of telling this person that i did not intend to make a deposit before the first of next month, due to lack of funds, this person kept contacting me and did not seem to care about what i told her.
      So is it possible for me to, transfer the starting bonus to another site after i recieve them on Titan poker? Or would i have to play first?

I hope you can help me because i would love to take use of the starting bonus offered by Ps.com but i want to avoid agressive "support" personal at all costs. as i want poker to be a safe heaven and not a marketing scheme :)
  • 9 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Wow, that sounds pretty uncalled for on the support personals part.
      The starting capital can take 48 hours to arrive.
    • Sai7
      Sai7
      Bronze
      if they haven't sent the money yet you can try sending them a ticket so that you could change poker rooms.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello tookie130 and welcome to PokerStrategy,

The starting capital should be on your account within the next 48 hours. You will unfortunately not be able to move it in the near future (nor change the room unless something goes wrong with the transfer) since you will first have to "clear" your bonus there. After you have done so - you can however move it onto some online banking platform such as Neteller or Moneybookers and deposit it at another site (grabbing a nice first deposit bonus while you are at it). You can find more details on that here: The First Deposit Bonus Guide

Thats all something for the future though - so nothing to worry about at the moment

I'm sorry about the "rude" awakening at Titan - its sadly their standard that every new member gets a complete overview of all their promotions once he registers. This is usually done in a very standardized manner by one of their customer service people. Luckily its just like that after your first registration and ceases in the future.

As for your experience with online poker I suggest to simply take it slow. Everything in the first month should be about learning and improving and definitely not about the money or bonuses involved. There is a lot of material on this site to help you - and the forums are generally full of friendly helpful people. Just check out the articles, the videos and our download section: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/

Depending on whether you have decided for No Limit, Fixed Limit or SNGs you can find helpful material everywhere.

I hope you make the most of it and hope to see you around the forums :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • shuggee
      shuggee
      Bronze
      The harassment by the online chat staff at Titan does not stop once they have told you about their ofers, unfortunately. I registered with them quite some time ago but haven't yet made a deposit. I am still playing with the free money, albeit not very successfully so far.

Every time I log on I get Brandon, Florence or some other annoying person offering me whatever it is they are offering. I've stopped taking any notice now.

I have tried chatting with them and I have tried closing the chat box without talking to them. Nothing works. I can hang up but they still come back several times before finally giving up. This is particularly annoying when I am playing a game. The chat box pops up right in front of the table so I can't see what I am doing.

They also have other pop up boxes with, I assume, other enticing offers, popping up with annoying frequency right in front of the table. I also close these without reading them.

Surely they must know how irritating this is. I can't be the only one considering not playing there any more. I'm sure they must have lost other customers because of this.
    • tookie130
      tookie130
      Bronze
      Thank you for the replys.

The bonus landed on my account today and im ready to take a stab at online pokering :)

i can see im not the only one who thinks Titan pokers ruthless business ethics are uncalled for. but i will most likely just use the starting bonus as a learning curve then.

A friend of mine recommended Pokerstars and Mermaid poker so when im a little bit more confident on my play i will deposit a little something something on one of thoose two sites and hope for the best..

I have been watching the coahing vids on the site and one in paticular helped me understand the SSS alot, Made by some guy named Leo.
      In his movie he uses a template for when to do what with which hands in what position but i cant seem to find it on the site, I have found some similar templates but i really liked the layout of the one he was using. So if anyone know where to find it i would be most gratefull

Found the vid i was talking about. http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/1782

If anyone can link to the template he is using i would be very gratefull
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      I can vouch for pokerstars. I made my first deposit there a few days ago, the deposit took seconds, didn't have to contact support or anyone, and I was ready to play straight away.

I've heard some great things about pokerstars support. Everything has been aces though so I haven't had to deal with them. :)

When you feel comfortable with yourself and your playing you can try depositing some money there.

Have fun, and good luck!
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shuggee
      The harassment by the online chat staff at Titan does not stop once they have told you about their ofers, unfortunately. I registered with them quite some time ago but haven't yet made a deposit. I am still playing with the free money, albeit not very successfully so far.

Every time I log on I get Brandon, Florence or some other annoying person offering me whatever it is they are offering. I've stopped taking any notice now.

I have tried chatting with them and I have tried closing the chat box without talking to them. Nothing works. I can hang up but they still come back several times before finally giving up. This is particularly annoying when I am playing a game. The chat box pops up right in front of the table so I can't see what I am doing.

They also have other pop up boxes with, I assume, other enticing offers, popping up with annoying frequency right in front of the table. I also close these without reading them.

Surely they must know how irritating this is. I can't be the only one considering not playing there any more. I'm sure they must have lost other customers because of this.
      Hmmm, I wasn't aware of that. I never received any more queries from them, but then again I'm not on Titan that often. I'll talk to our partner management about it since I can imagine that to get quite annoying with time.

You can find the starting hand chart (Leo uses a little bit older one, in this overview of the basic article: http://resources.pokerstrategy.com/Strategy/en/ps_nl_basic_handout_V3_en.pdf

The corresponding article is this one: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1374

Now that you have bronze status I would also recommend that you read the 4 short stack strategy articles in the bronze section: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/ and continue checking out the videos on the site.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • hepcat
      hepcat
      Bronze
      To get rid of popups from Titan You can use little titan helper I dont know if it helps then the support contact you trough the chatbox though.

http://de.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=222893&hilight=titanhelper
    • tookie130
      tookie130
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hmmm, I wasn't aware of that. I never received any more queries from them, but then again I'm not on Titan that often. I'll talk to our partner management about it since I can imagine that to get quite annoying with time.

SoyCD
      Thank you for the links.

just for the sake of it i have counted the amount of times i have been contacted by the staff on titan poker.

Been there somewhat 3 days now and have been contacted

support staff - 11 times.
      pop ups - rougly 50 times.
      promotion emails - 8 times.

i have been on about 2-3 hours a day so this is about 8 hours of being online. so yes that does mean i was at one point contacted more than once an hour by a "support person"