This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

New Player Looking For General Advise for Become Good

• HanWang414
      HanWang414
      Basic
      Hi, All

I am fairly new to this game. I just got myself familiar with the rules of the game. I think it is a really good hobby and I really want to become a good at it.

I wonder how important they are to 1. remember the actions, 2. recognize all the potential hands and their possibility.

Thanks,
      Sincerely
  • 1 reply
    • DSharkP
      DSharkP
      Silver
      Hey Han,

Alright lets work this out for you,

1) What games do you like best ? Cash Games ? Tournaments ?
      2) What path do you see yourself taking, say in 5, Years do you wanna be Playing Cash Games Small or Mid Stakes? Or do you wanna be Cruising through the World of Bigger Tournaments?

3) Once you choose a Path, You can def read the articles here on PS, but you can also Google for best books for specific types of game, Say i am a SNG Player ( 9Man Tournament) , and for that Format i recommend that everyone reads Collin Moshman on SNG's, or for cash Games you have a lot of quality books, from Poker Blue Print to a bunch of others, or even if you wanna start playing Mtt's theres a bunch of books for that too, however i think its harder due to having less MIcro Tournaments starting at the same time, so to grind those out might take a lot more time.

4) Study, Review, Post Questions and Hands, Play, Repeat.