This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SNG 6max 0.5€ A8s flushdraw vs bet pot flop |HU

• Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      PokerStars - 100/200 Ante 25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 2 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 18.15 BB (VPIP: 22.44, PFR: 9.06, 3Bet Preflop: 3.95, Hands: 1,270)
      Hero (BB): 26.84 BB

2 players post ante of 0.13 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.75 BB) Hero has A:spade: 8:spade:

SB raises to 2 BB, Hero calls 1 BB

Flop: (4.25 BB, 2 players) 3:spade: J:spade: 8:heart:
      Hero checks, SB bets 4.25 BB, Hero raises to 24.72 BB and is all-in, SB calls 11.78 BB and is all-in

Here i decided to check- raise his cbet but i didn't expect that he bets pot. Against a smaller bet this should be an easy, even a call is very reasonable but when he bets pot i don't think i have as much fold equity as against a smaller bet. I have second pair with a flush draw, calling here i think i'm calling out of pot odds so if i don't have the odds to call i could force him to fold here with a hand that have good equity if he calls.

Cumps ;)
  • 3 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      It's good to know his HU stats, but based on the total stats he seems like a loose passive player.
      Otherwise this would be a easy 3bet shove spot pre-flop. The rest seems alright with the nut flush draw and his sizing seems tricky indeed, but even against an over pair you have a decent amount of equity.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      Sorry i forgot to put those stats, he has 67/28/0 on 32 hands. I don't think i could donk bet because it only makes him to fold all his bluff, so let him c bet should be a good idea. Then i didn't expect this size, so one problem here is if i call i'm not paying the right odds and i will play oop on a big pot so if i don't hit any of my outs turn i will have to fold to most turn bets. How much can i 3bet vs min raise on HU?

Cumps ;)
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Most Ax, 22+, strong broadways and some suited connectors are ok to shove preflop but having some of Ax in calling range is good also. In flop you have monster hand and equity wise you are ahead of e.g. KK and way ahead of his range. So shove is standard and if villain has some weaker draws he will likely call good amount of those.