This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

0.55 rebuy pocket 3s

• aent4x
      aent4x
      Silver
      ITM on 0.55$ rebuy, 17/190. The villain has 26/12 over 90 hands. I want to ask if I have to fold small pocket pairs in situations like these, cause is one of the most common ways that I busted out of tournaments.

• 3 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I expect you have some fold equity and you need to gamblesooner or later with your small stack and I think this is a good spot for it. It's a little bit unlucky he limps a better pair this time.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi,

I will say that ur play was correct and not worry about outcome. It is normall that when u bust out of tournament u will have small PP, simple because of the fact that opponents are not calling wide open shoves. For example if u have 44, there are 18 combos of worse PP and 60 combos of better PP. And most likely they won't call u with 22. That is just pure math. So then is mind problem. As humans we are used to stick in mind bad things that happen to us, especially those that are "unfair" like bad beats. And because of that we are forgetting on that math thing that I mention before. It is totaly normall that u bust if someone call u. With small PP u are not seaking a call from opponent, but rather fold. So why EV calculator advice us to open shove them? Because calculator take into account that opponent is folding X amount of time and those times that he call, u will win Y amount of time. Again pure math. Because X+Y give u more profit then u loose when opponent call and win, calculator say to open shove those small PP even of the fact that u don't wanna see opponent call u.

Long story short. Ur open shove was correct in this scenario. Just go look other busts with small PP and run them in EV calculator to figure out if they where good or bad so u won't worry so much about those busts.

GL at the tables!
    • aent4x
      aent4x
      Silver
      Thank you both for your answers.