This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

$11 l FR l Postfop l KJo

• BarryCarter
      BarryCarter
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      No reads, just late regged onto this table

So preflop I call because I am getting great odds, I suspect MP & MP+1 to have strong hands many of which dominate me (77+ATs+AJo kinda hands). I suspect MP+1 does NOT have AA/KK/QQ/JJ or AK otherwise he would have reraised preflop.

Post flop the fact that MP+1 is the one who bets and bets small into four people is probably what confused me, if this had been MP the hand would have made more sense. What does he do this with? Like I said, I've discounted AK/AA/KK/QQ/JJ from his range and don't think he called preflop with KQ much, maybe KQs, doubt he has any worse Kings. I don't see him stabbing with 2nd pair type hands or AQ on the flop into four people much either.

So then when the turn comes I'm already wondering what I get called by that I beat.

On the river I think he has a Q or air, but not sure how he gets to the river with either.

Anyway, I got lost very much in the hand but my gut says I was crushed by the turn anyway.

partypoker - 2100/4200 NL (8 max) - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 39.79 BB
      BTN: 27.54 BB
      SB: 35.29 BB
      Hero (BB): 24.99 BB
      UTG: 34.36 BB
      UTG+1: 87.23 BB
      MP: 16.94 BB
      MP+1: 43.39 BB

8 players post ante of 0.11 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.36 BB) Hero has K:spade: J:heart:

fold, fold, MP raises to 2.2 BB, MP+1 calls 2.2 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 1.7 BB, Hero calls 1.2 BB

Flop: (9.66 BB, 4 players) 5:club: K:heart: T:spade:
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, MP+1 bets 3.5 BB, fold, Hero calls 3.5 BB, fold

Turn: (16.66 BB, 2 players) J:spade:
      Hero checks, MP+1 checks

River: (16.66 BB, 2 players) A:diamond:
      Hero checks, MP+1 bets 12.49 BB, fold

MP+1 wins 29.15 BB
  • 2 replies
    • maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      hi barry,

If you don't want to squeeze you did just fine. Even if you discount the monsters than there are lots of combos that crush you on the river. Any Q +broadway, AT, AJ, sets (55 maybe TT) should be more combos than KT, JT. There are not many draws that be can bluff the river with. Thus you have to discount the likelihood of having him a king because of the card removal.

Nice books and articles. Looking forward to them every week =)

greets

maniac
    • BarryCarter
      BarryCarter
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thanks sir