This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] Two pairs against shove

• hanusmarek
      hanusmarek
      Gold
      Hey guys, Villain is 31/23. OTF I am checking, becouse flop doesn't seem really dangerous. Opponent has 16% cbet flop (400 hands), which means, he cbets like TP+?, so he doesn't have it and he might just give up. (Is this reasoning right, to check flop back? I wouldn't do it, if it was for example KQJ etc.) But what do I do OTT? Does his line mean that he was slowplaying something huge?

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $10.05 (201 bb)
      BB: $5.20 (104 bb)
      UTG: $5.55 (111 bb)
      MP: $8.40 (168 bb)
      Hero (CO): $5.76 (115.2 bb)
      BTN: $8.77 (175.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with :Kc: :Jc:
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.37) :Ks: :Jd: :2c: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.37) :9s: (2 players)
      MP bets $0.18, Hero raises to $0.50, MP raises to $8.25 and is all-in, Hero calls $5.11

River: ($11.59) :9c: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
  • 5 replies
    • MyFloXyBabY
      MyFloXyBabY
      Platinum
      Well I'd bet flop nevertheless. People are expecting to get stabbed so much they call a lot.
      Turn he's representing QT so much it should be a fold.
    • Mozzek
      Mozzek
      Bronze
      If he has low flop cbet, its reason to stab otf to get value. Just go for value. As played its tough, he could easily shove aa there, maybe even ak. Theoretically definitely call. Explo I might even fold, but pretty tough even though i expect qt this line screams aa to me.
    • zetozinho
      zetozinho
      Bronze
      The flop check is not a bad move imo. He was the agressor and you have position. It is not very dangerous indeed.
      Check is good because you keep his bluffs and may get value on later streets.
      The turn is not the best. Raise him is fine, but when he 3bets shove is a nasty spot. Im not sure what to do here.
    • la55i
      la55i
      I think the flop check is bad. Regardless of villain's stats, I would just bet here. You have top 2 pairs and can probably just bet bet bet if the runout/action is not horrible for you on later streets.
    • Sunrise1912
      Sunrise1912
      Bronze
      Mandatory flop bet. What do you bet in these spots if you dont bet top two? Bluffs only ?

You also need to bet do deny his equity. For example: He would fold 99 on the flop and you would take the money there, however, he is not putting a single dime unless his improves. If he improves though this means you gave him a free card and now you lose a whole stack. 16% cbet means this guy doesnt cbet his draws so he also has QT in his range here. I would puke fold the turn. You only beat a stupid bluff or J9/K9 which i am confident he would not re-pop on the turn with.