This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] AA on suited board

• hanusmarek
      hanusmarek
      Gold
      Hey guys, Villain is 24/14 after 200 hands. OTF I don't fold, since he can be semi-bluffing with some spade. But OTT he does it again. Is the fold okay? Should I maybe just shove flop?

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $5.17 (103.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5.30 (106 bb)
      MP: $5 (100 bb)
      CO: $6.05 (121 bb)
      BTN: $5 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :Ac: :Ah:
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, CO calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.02) :3s: :7s: :Ts: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, CO raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($3.02) :9c: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.44, CO raises to $4.55 and is all-in, Hero folds
  • 3 replies
    • MyFloXyBabY
      MyFloXyBabY
      Platinum
      Why are you donking turn ? it's a check/call here.
      I mean if you are bet/calling flop. I guess reraising flop is also possible and would simplify things here.
    • hanusmarek
      hanusmarek
      Gold
      Because I had no idea what to do on river, after I check call turn. What should I do, when I check/called turn and river came something insignificant (not 4th color)?
    • MyFloXyBabY
      MyFloXyBabY
      Platinum
      And after you donk and he calls or raises you on the turn, you know better what to do ? =) (Doesn't seem simpler to me)
      When he's raising he's taking back the initiative, you have to let him as you're kind of WA/WB (unless you choose to repop flop).

On a blank river (after check/calling the turn) it's a crying call or a fold depending on what you expect villain to be able to barrel through. Anyway people have a strong biais against check/calling in though spots as if putting the chips yourself first (getting no value whatsoever) when you're beaten would feel less fishy whereas if you don't know where you stand, betting is often worse.