This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

2$ | FR | T |postflop| 43s

• maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      hi,

is vs an unknown fish. I semi-bluff and he min-raises me. I think I should just get it in. Probably a bad fold of mine but I discounted the fd outs.

Party, $2 Buy-in (25/50 blinds, 6 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: 3,470 (69.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): 1,454 (29.1 bb)
      MP1: 1,354 (27.1 bb)
      MP2: 1,277 (25.5 bb)
      MP3: 2,889 (57.8 bb)
      CO: 1,868 (37.4 bb)
      BTN: 1,188 (23.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :3h: :4h:
      MP1 folds, MP2 raises to 100, 3 folds, SB calls 75, Hero calls 50

Flop: (342) :6h: :5c: :4c: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets 50, SB folds, Hero raises to 275, MP2 raises to 500, Hero folds

greets

maniac
  • 5 replies
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Just call flop. You are likely not getting too many better made hands to fold most of time. Plus he is basically giving turn for free and you have some showdown value.
    • Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      So you don't consider to lead bet because this is not a strong draw and you have showdown value on multiway pot? If the bet was bigger you still call?

Cumps ;)
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Well most of time you have 10-13 outs and could be versus draw also sometimes so if we say on average we have 12 outs if we end up allin on flop its still going to be well over 40% equity. So yeah hand is strong enough to stack off but if you check-raise it should definitely not be fold to 3bet. So as played shove over his 3bet and pray :)

This is flop we can make leading range but I would likely choose check as default because then you can more easily get value from air hands. People on average will likely cbet too much on flop like this. GTO wise MP2 should likely check most of his range but very few has that sort of approach in sng games. Even from regs.

If he makes more sizable flop bet I probably would check-raise as semibluff with plan to stack off. Now he minbets and we have option to continue in HU pot with really cheap turn. So I would prefer call as we have some showdown value. Then if we have good draw without any showdown would go for raise-shove.

Raising is obviously fine as hand has so much equity but I am just wondering do we get random player to fold enough better hands. If not it seems waste to play aggro imo. Decent player would understand that BB can have almost anything on this flop but recreational wont think like that and dont usually like fold button.
    • maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      ty. do you play it the same way in a mtt?

greets

maniac
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Doesnt really matter much whatever its mtt or far from money in stt.