Moving Down

• MargaretaG
      MargaretaG
      Bronze
      I started to grind it from the 50 starting capital and in three weeks i reached 400$ . I moved up to 25 50 c ( ussing sss) . And i runned very bad .. a lot of bad beats .. In two weeks i lost 210 $ at that limit . My current bk is 243 ( i recived rakeback) .

What should i do now i dont want to go broke ... i made mistakes of course bad for a week it was a very cold deck for me .. to cold .

if i move down at 200 i most grind it out again until i reach 400 to play 25 50 again?
  • 7 replies
    • tonnek
      tonnek
      Bronze
      which pokersoftware did you play? Because I started SSS NL10 last week with +50 and now I have lost nearly the half of the money...

How did you managed to get so up or were you slow at the beginning too. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I do play strict by the rules given here :(
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      You should post hands that you are not sure... SSS is a winning strategy are you maybe trying to play it with more than 3 other Short Stacks on your table, or maybe something else. (Titan/Mansion SSS is hard)

@marg .. you can use a 30 Buyin Rule for SSS for the lower limits as long as you move up & down in the same way.

NL10/ start here with $50 (start here with starting capital)
      NL25/ start here with $150, move down with $60
      NL50/ start here with $300, move down with $150

@NL100 you can start to add a few more stacks...

It doesnt really matter how many stacks you choose to play with BUT you will have to move up and down the limits in the same way the less stacks you choose to play with the more faster you can move up but it is a double edged sword you also may move down the limits quickly if you hit a downswing.
    • tonnek
      tonnek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PidKoker
      You should post hands that you are not sure... SSS is a winning strategy are you maybe trying to play it with more than 3 other Short Stacks on your table, or maybe something else. (Titan/Mansion SSS is hard)
      Yes it is nice to read every time this is a winning strategy, but it does not work for me.

About posting hands, I don't know how that works... I have been trying to read about it, but no way to understand all the acronyms.

I play on the partypoker site and what I have discovered that when I use to play there and get a good hand to try to rais. Hardly anyone calls or raises. They just fold and I get the blinds. Then on the other hand, if I get a very good hand and someone raises me and I go all-in, I loose and then I loose big money. So where is the problem? Is it the pokerstars?

What did you mean by 3 Short Stacks?
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tonnek
      Yes it is nice to read every time this is a winning strategy, but it does not work for me.

About posting hands, I don't know how that works... I have been trying to read about it, but no way to understand all the acronyms.

I play on the partypoker site and what I have discovered that when I use to play there and get a good hand to try to rais. Hardly anyone calls or raises. They just fold and I get the blinds. Then on the other hand, if I get a very good hand and someone raises me and I go all-in, I loose and then I loose big money. So where is the problem? Is it the pokerstars?

- You need to read a lot more so you may understand acronyms and be able to analyze hands.
      - You are lacking experience, everyone starts off losing until they start understanding what is happening on the table. BRM will keep you alive during your learning process.
      - Use a poker stat program like Elephant and start learning what each stat means. When you do this you will know what range of cards they play, how good they are and you can decide what to do with your "good hand" when they go all-in. For example I fold AK and even QQ to some certain players I know are ultra-tight =) Once I folded KK to an ultra-tight multitabler guy who I had seen shove AA with a big stack twice on other tables during that session, but I was told by the judges not to do that ever again lol
    • kaynine1784
      kaynine1784
      Bronze
      [

What did you mean by 3 Short Stacks?[/quote]
      What he meant is that if there is 3 more players playing short stack strategy at a table that you are playing you need to find another table with less short stacks.
    • tonnek
      tonnek
      Bronze
      kaynine1784:That I am aware of, and I don't join tables where I see even 2 of those on the table... So that can't be the reason
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by MargaretaG
      I started to grind it from the 50 starting capital and in three weeks i reached 400$ . I moved up to 25 50 c ( ussing sss) . And i runned very bad .. a lot of bad beats .. In two weeks i lost 210 $ at that limit . My current bk is 243 ( i recived rakeback) .

What should i do now i dont want to go broke ... i made mistakes of course bad for a week it was a very cold deck for me .. to cold .

if i move down at 200 i most grind it out again until i reach 400 to play 25 50 again?
      Yes you have to move down indeed. BR management is the most inportant, don't let one heater despise you that you are invincible.

The reason why people play SSS is that it is very constant strategy, and you rarely lose money if you play it right (The fact that you rarely WIN money if your opponents know what you are doing is the backslash).

As you move up the limits you need to develop the SSS as people get smarter. I see the stages as follows:

1) The wtf is SSS villains. Probably the ones you have been running into At your previous limit. They play you as a regular player so you can stick to the starting hands chart and you will pwn.

2) The Aware, not knowing people. These will try to avoid you by simply not playing when you raise and not holding the nuts. They usually play without stats, so its still hard for them to know if you are SSS or just a fish.

3) The Statsers. These know what you are doing and will never give you money. They turn into rocks once you raise and try to take out your range only if they are sure they cane.

3) The SSS counters. Usually tasted SSS themselves, or at least know the basics. They have your stats. If you dont know the advanced blind defence theories you are doomed. Probably your case. You need to study more how to defend your blinds, you need tracker to know roughly their range plus you need to observe how their behavior changes when they face a rock shortstack.

You really need to study a lot as you move up from people that don't know what you are doing and give you free money. You need to play with correct players and know advanced table selection techniques (and leave the table when its the right time).

And if it doesn't work out for you, there is always BSS (You would have to go back to NL10 though)

[quote]Originally posted by tonnek

What did you mean by 3 Short Stacks?
      You cant lose big money as you leave the table with 125bb

Getting blinds is actually good, you are winning the pot so whats the big deal, you just need to be extra patient and be prepared for not getting action for half an hour if you play SSS.

Its also possible you hit a downswing, and your QQ gets pwned by TT, AK by AA etc. It happens to everyone and it would be really bad if you would quit on poker only because you hit the downswing in your initial stage.
      Keep it up, stick to the rules at all times and try to post every single losing hand to our forum.

Again, if you dont have the dicipline to just orbit for an hour with 3 hands where you got action than just switch to SnG's (They don't have NL2 on party so you won't be able to get a decent roll for BSS)