This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Easy $50 people 😀

• shadymangoman
      shadymangoman
      Basic
      What's up guys mango here have a bit of a quandrey and will award the most helpful person 😊

I recently started a poker account (after years of being one of those 'online is rigged' guys. I played lots of live tournaments in my life but never won anything if much substance.

My account has been restricted pending investigation on pokerstars recently after a rather large score.

Due to the fact I used a friends cards and we played in the same IP address(never colluded or played at same time) and now my account is restricted and his frozen.

I've explained via Email that I played in his house and I used his card because I don't want to have a card on my account in case of future loans ect.

Its a rather large score and being skeptical of online poker I'm very concerned as to how they will handle this

Bit of input could be very profitable folks 😊
  • 5 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi shadymangoman,
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com! :welcome:

I'm not going to get the reward, because I won't be much help.

Be patient. If PokerStars' investigation clears you have wrongdoing, you'll get your money.

To everyone else:
      Know the terms and conditions of the poker rooms where you play!
      Never violate them!

Violating the T & C can cost you your entire bankroll -- even the money you deposited yourself.
      You agree to that when you play.

To shadymangoman,
      I wish you all the best, and I hope all works out for you...
      VS
    • manelribeiro
      manelribeiro
      Bronze
      Pokerstars investigation are ridiculous. I Get banned from pokerstars because I bought money from a player, I paid him via bank transfer, and got money from him.

Some other player complained about that player, that he stole money. And I got banned, simple like that, pokerstars investigation NEVER give me any chance to defend. I could proof I bought dollars via bank statement, never had that option.

Pokerstars sucks, and should collapse, like they are doing right now.
    • NutshellD
      NutshellD
      Basic
      Originally posted by manelribeiro
      Pokerstars investigation are ridiculous. I Get banned from pokerstars because I bought money from a player, I paid him via bank transfer, and got money from him.

Some other player complained about that player, that he stole money. And I got banned, simple like that, pokerstars investigation NEVER give me any chance to defend. I could proof I bought dollars via bank statement, never had that option.

Pokerstars sucks, and should collapse, like they are doing right now.
      Well, PokerStars is investigating OP because he played from the same IP than another player, it seems reasonable to me.
      And about you, I don't think it's legal to buy real money from other player like that but I dunno

Edit: I just checked user license agreement: Maybe you didn't gave them your personal documentation, but it seems like it's legal to buy money from another player
    • JimmkCZ
      JimmkCZ
      Bronze
      check user license agreement: investigating ID and IP adress is ok for me because of misusage.
    • OrigamiPoker
      OrigamiPoker
      Silver
      I don't want the $50 but yes be patient and if they find no wrong doing they will re open your account.Let them investigate the matter thoroughly it's for the good of the community they resolve matters that could possibly be to the detriment of other players.

When using someone else's card you should probably use pay pal or a similar site so it's not then attached to your poker site for good.I'm not sure how playing under a different ip these days can be a problem with everyone playing mobile and on the move from different locations.I'm sure they have ways to figure it all out though.