Moneybookers

• kaynine1784
      kaynine1784
      Bronze
      HI, I've opened a moneybookers account but have yet to put any money in it. Normally I use direct bank transfers and Instadebit but have found that the direct bank transfers which I use at Pokerstars have killer exchange rates, I have no problems with Instadebit actually rather like it but it seem alot of the smaller site don't offer it for instance cake poker. which is the reason why I opened the moneybookers account in the first place because its one of the only platforms available for me to sign up to through Pokerstrategy for rakeback. Pretty much already have accounts at all the others.

I'm just wondering if its good site to use or if anybody has had any big problems with Moneybooker like withholding funds or anything like that.

Thank you in advance.
  • 17 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      It takes a day or two to transfer but MB is still very fast and definitely the cheapest option if you ask me :D

I was wondering at the start but I don't anymore.
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      i have used it about 40 times and I never had any problems with moneybookers , and it is also very fast.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I've only withdrawn money to put in other poker sites. But it worked great for that. If you play on pokerstars, receive your money in moneybookers account almost instantaneously. Don't know about cashing out from there to bank account.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Cashed out from them to bank account and everything.

Reliable service with good customer report. Emailed them about missing funds once (mistake on my part for being impatient), they will trace it etc. after a certain day amount.

I like it much more then Neteller for example.
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      in order not to pay high exchange rates fees, u should have your net bank in currency the platform u play at uses.. the best option is to have both moneybookers and neteller and use one in € and other in $..
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Made the mistake and putted wrong currency and now paying them much money. They just abuse you :P Already made an account at neteller and hoping to use it, at least I have $ there :) Btw have someone tried to delete moneybookers account and recreate it and change the currency?
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Yeah, I got the same problem, wrong currency... Any way I can change that?
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      Not very soon. :(

Once you become Moneybookers VIP, you are allowed to have 2 linked accounts, and you can have different currency on each one. :)

By the way, I'm not VIP and I've heard it's not easy to get there. :P
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Amirapuato
      Originally posted by radyan111
      Not very soon. :(

Once you become Moneybookers VIP, you are allowed to have 2 linked accounts, and you can have different currency on each one. :)

By the way, I'm not VIP and I've heard it's not easy to get there. :P
      I assume your account is in $? Whats best for $, MB or neteller? I guess Neteller
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      I assume your account is in $? Whats best for $, MB or neteller? I guess Neteller
      Why is Neteller better? :P

Yes, my MB is in $.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      You need to transfer €10000 in a month to become a moneybookers VIP
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Do those sites charge commision? Whats the catch?
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      +1, why would I want an account there, and whats in it for them?

do I need to make a deposit or link it to a creditcard or bank account in order to be verified (i dont own a credit card)
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Only commission is when you want to withdraw to your bank account, but it's quite low ($3 if I remember right). No catch, they just keep your money safe (obv working with it) and don't pay interests to you.

Originally posted by PidKoker
      do I need to make a deposit or link it to a creditcard or bank account in order to be verified (i dont own a credit card)

You can increase your transaction limits by verifying your CC or bank account, but it's not a must.

I use my account to transfer funds from one site to another, and to keep part of my BR on a -safe- place. :)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      So Moneybookers would be better than Neteller for latin countries? or same thing?
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      They work in same principle...
      Moneybookers is just more used as neteller.
    • Kolemate
      Kolemate
      Bronze
      Hello,

I have a question and I hope someone can help me.

So I have verified my Visa card, but when I want to withdraw money I can't withdraw all the money I have there.

The money that can be withdrawn is changing continuously as I log out and then I log in, but never the same sum that could be withdrawn via Bank Transfer.

Has anyone had similar problem? Or what would be the problem?