This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 JJ and I was dobled up before

• qwery1
      qwery1
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $3,86
      Hero:
      $3,70

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:club: , J:spade:
      4 folds, MP2 calls $0,10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,60, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0,50.

I was on my way out of table because I double up before, wait to bb and JJ comes. Its ok play that or only AA and KK in this spot? Flop help me this time, but maybe in a long run ....

Flop: ($1,35) K:heart: , J:heart: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0,70, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $2,05

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, jacks (Jc Js)

Hero wins with three of a kind, jacks (Jc Js)
  • 3 replies
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      If you have some postflop playing knowledge it fine I believe. I usually play AQ+ and JJ+, sometimes TT depending on the situation but I've played BSS and many SnG's. If you don't have much experience I'd stick to the KK+. Also after doubling up you have to be more willing to let go of KK when an A pops up
    • qwery1
      qwery1
      Bronze
      Hi dadude77,

thanks for your experienced reply. I am fixed limit player, its most of my effort (800hands/day). Sometimes I need clear my head after session and also want to be a universal player, therefore I start learn NL SSS two days ago. Next weeks I expect post some maybe stupid hands here, but I learn most of my fl knowledge this way, therefore I stick to this.

Very thanks for your willingness help me, be bless and gl at the tables, qwery1.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Qwery1,

When you just start with SSS, stick to KK+ when having doubled up. When you want to expand your experience, slowly start playing AK+,JJ+ and then to your regular SHC.

When in doubt, you can always post the hand here so we can analyze it together ;)

As played, you did fine so nothing to comment about that :)

Best regards,
      Gerv