Stacks:
      UTG xgabriel73 ($63.56)
      CO Hydro1970 ($10.73)
      BTN Leijae ($20.83)
      SB Alexd116 ($19.28)
      BB zazakoski ($20.00)

Pre-flop: ($0.30, 5 players)
      xgabriel73 bets $0.70, 2 folds, Alexd116 calls $0.60, 1 fold

Flop: T:club: A:diamond: 2:heart: ($1.60, 2 players)
      Alexd116 checks, xgabriel73 bets $1, Alexd116 calls $1

Turn: T:heart: ($3.60, 2 players)
      Alexd116 bets $3, xgabriel73 calls $3

River: 3:club: ($9.60, 2 players)
      Alexd116 bets $7.20, xgabriel73 bets $25.20, Alexd116 goes all-in $7.38

Final Pot: $49.38
      xgabriel73 shows: 8:spade: T:spade:

xgabriel73 wins $47.88 ( won +$17.98 )
      Alexd116 lost -$19.28

For some reason the HH didnt pick up my hand, I had AQo
  • 8 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I don't like calling AQo against UTG raise from the small blind. His value range pretty much crushes you. You can never get enough value from his worse hands, because you're OOP.

But AQ is a strong hand and I don't think it's a real problem doing it. I do not do it very often though.

So, as played, I'd probably just ch/c again that turn. There's no point in betting because I don't think he's gonna be willing to invest hands worse than yours, whereas he might keep barreling them. Your bet on turn and river put you on a tough spot when he shoved you. You had less than 40BB left in a 120BB pot and it's pretty hard folding TP there.

I'd c/c turn and river if his betting sizes weren't too crazy
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Preflop: I'd 3bet.
      Flop: C-Bet.
      Turn: Bet.
      River: Bet 1/2 pot and fold to a raise.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Preflop: I'd 3bet.
      Flop: C-Bet.
      Turn: Bet.
      River: Bet 1/2 pot and fold to a raise.
      +1
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      3bet preflop? Thats pretty marginal I think.

The guy is raising from UTG and you'll be OOP post flop, bound to go broke with a TP, and might often find yourself giving money to a better hand.

I'd only do it if I know UTG is really loose.

I think you get a lot more value with AQ if you just call.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello,
      Its 5 handed, UTG is actually MP. AQ is more than strong enough to 3bet, and should be played that way especially when its offsuited and OOP.3betting gives you the initiative, you take it preflop often enough, or in most of the flops, and should you hit TP+, you can be happy enough to commit.IP you can flatcall it and squeeze value from dominated aces.

As played,you dont have the initiative and floating OOP on an ace high board doesnt make any sence, especially when you have the ace yourself. That being said, I'd c/c all 3 streets.As played, you commited yourself on the river, so you cant fold even when you are rarely ahead when he shoves.

Best regards,
      darkonebg

[size=10]If you have any further questions about this hand,
      dont hesitate to ask them in this thread,
      and dont forget to click the "Advise the judge of taking another look " button in the reply form.[/size]
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hadn't realised it was 5handed. So in that spot I'd 3bet happier. But still I like to throw in some calls from time to time to keep better A's in the pot.

Against a UTG raiser I'll hardly ever 3bet it though. I think you hang yourself way too often when you do that, whereas if you CC the opponent often hangs himself. Of course all this is opponet dependant.
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      thank you all for evaluating my hand.

I noticed you talk about there being a difference between 5 handed and 6handed, all the SH tables on the ongame network are 5 handed in what way should I be compensating for this? Just loosening up a little more?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alexd10
      thank you all for evaluating my hand.

I noticed you talk about there being a difference between 5 handed and 6handed, all the SH tables on the ongame network are 5 handed in what way should I be compensating for this? Just loosening up a little more?
      Yes, then you should play looser, because blinds come around faster which means that player woudl likely open more hands even at UTG.