This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

From 0$ to Legend

• DSharkP
      DSharkP
      Silver
      Hey Guys,

It has been a while since I consistently played, mostly because of moving to the US, where I ve tried Cash Games, mostly due to not having the option of sticking to SNG's, fortunately found out that ACR ( Americas Cardroom ) actually provided an ok traffic for those, and so I am back and with a Challenge.
      Dont wanna focus much on specific goals, but instead on consistent improvement and moving up limits...The Journey Begins

I was always a SNG player, mostly 9-Man and 18-Man, with the regular shots at 45-Man or 180-Man on Stars..Good old days..Well now since I live in the US it will have to be done in 9-Man and as I progress I ll be shooting for the Smaller Mtt's they provide.

As far as bankroll goes, I got awarded 5 x $5 Tournament tickets...and before i could even re-read on Strategy i was there! ... Well turns out I made 9$ out of it.
      I ve played a bit since, this was 2 days ago, and i ll be posting some results in a bit, but the point for Bankroll is that I ll be playing with current BR and I will give myself the Option ( If needed ) to Reload Twice for $50 or once for $100.
      As far as limits I ll be playing the $1.50 mixed with a few $3 ( Traffic Management ) and Playing 3-4 Tables at Once, Not optimal, but then again since I ll be a bit aggressive on the start with Bankroll might be helpful to focus on fewer tables.

All in all :

Bankroll Start = $9
      Re-Load Remaining = $100
      Games = SNG 9-Man ( $1.50/$3)
      Current Bankroll = $57,79

"Greed , for lack of better word, is good"
      GL at the Tables:)
  • 15 replies
    • DSharkP
      DSharkP
      Silver
      Week 1

Hey everyone, so its not really a full week of playing but it is week 1, and after some Study, Hand Reviewing and a bit of Posting, the results were pretty good.

I do feel the Field is a bit easier then the one on PokerStars, and theres a couple of people where I have collected a good amount of hands already so i know they are grinding these stakes, not saying they are doing it correctly in some cases.

All in all, these were some good days, specially to build my trust a little bit and motivate me to keep on studying and posting hands for review.

Tournaments = 34
      Profit = +$48,79
      BR= $57,79

Somehow i do find myself with an extra $6 which I am not sure if it was a release bonus or maybe the initial $9 were actually $15, but hey , the more the merrier.
      Another thing to take note, its something i read in 2+2 or in PokerStrategy, where someone mentioned they do their hand reviews in the morning, or before starting a session, as to have his brain fully functional once he started playing and..Tumbs Up! No doubt helps a bunch.

Hopefully next week I can keep the pace on a positive note,

Good Luck at the Tables!
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Gold
      Cool man, GL :f_thumbsup:
      I recently started playing 9-Mans after a long break too hyhy :) Do they have the KO/Bounty version at ACR?
    • DSharkP
      DSharkP
      Silver
      Hey adasko99,

Unfortunatelly not, you get Turbos and Reg filling up at a very decent rate though, and yeah same Spot for me as far as playing sng's , thank god they actually fill up here lol otherwise my Poker Journey would def still be waiting on Stars to hit all states in the Us haha
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Nice start to your challenge and looking forward to reading how you get on in the coming posts :f_drink:
    • DSharkP
      DSharkP
      Silver
      ThankYou Metalmonkey80, Appreciate the support :f_drink:
    • DSharkP
      DSharkP
      Silver
      Week 2

Hey Guys, end of week 2 of my challenge, and things keep looking pretty sharp!
      This was a long week, with a few hours played ( I have a Job + a Wife ) so i m giving it my possible best as far as playing time goes, also studying, being very active in several forums, and have been regularly reviewing my hands with HEM and reading a few articles here and there.

I believe the weeks results go alongside all of this hours combined, I feel my game is improving, a lot of doubts arise everyday and everyday they become clear to analyze and see, and new ones pop up, which is challenging me a lot, making me want to improve at all points.

Also a shout out to a few PS Bloggers and Users, that have been giving me incentive and advice.

Tournaments = 72

Profit = +$49.51

BR= $107.30

An observation, is that I have been choosing to play more Regular Speed Sng's instead of Mixing it in with the Turbos without thinking too much , due to my Bankroll Management being a bit aggressive, or at least is was being, at this point I ll prob not mix in many Turbos at least till i get to 50 Bi's for the $3 SNG.
      Another thing is the fact that I ve been showing a lot more profit in the $3's rather then in the $1.50's , which I ll be analyzing today or tomorrow, because I feel like i focus a lot more on the bigger ones, and this is a big leak.
      Other then that, as said very productive week, results & knowledge wise, I ll be keeping up the pace, playing, studying and posting, and hopefully this Journey can go a lot further.

Good Luck at the tables!
    • OldSchoolPapa
      OldSchoolPapa
      Bronze
      @DSharkP Congratulations ! Keep on the good grinding Sessions :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup:
      I think one of the advantages of Regular SNGs is that you have more room for strategic and postflop play. Also vs unknown players you get more time for observations and data collect wich is an other advantage. Downside it takes much more time to play or to fill but if you ROI increase that's pretty good.
      Also a friend plays on ACR but had troubles to withdraw. So if you didn't yet, read well about how you can withdraw your money. Might be important for you later on.

Best of Skills & Luck @ Tables,
      OldSchoolPapa
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Gold
      It's a small sample but at which variant your $/hr is higher? (for same stakes)
    • DSharkP
      DSharkP
      Silver
      Hi OldSchool, Appreciate that, Thank you.

I be withdrawn funds before without any issues, I used bitcoin to do so.
    • DSharkP
      DSharkP
      Silver
      Originally posted by adasko99
      It's a small sample but at which variant your $/hr is higher? (for same stakes)
      As for now, Def the Regular.. It doesn't take that much time, sometimes, but to be honest that's not my biggest concern now, Just trying to avoid as much variance as I can.
    • DSharkP
      DSharkP
      Silver
      Week 3

Hey Guys,

As you will see this was by far the hardest week so far, ending up with a 1$ loss , however surpassed by a cash bonus.

I felt during this week, that my game has been adapting and adapting, guess still looking for that A-Place, I wonder if reading too many articles , too many videos, could be making me mix up things too much and my Game Plan Strategy has been hurting.

It was also a week where my EV adjusted quite a bit, a lot of spots where I got AA Cracked, KK down amongst other situations early game with AK vs PP / AQ- , so I could also see that some variance happened a lot more this week.

At this stage, I do feel confident, but I gotta work out what has been costly or not, also to be fair It was last night ( Sunday Night ) where my bankroll took another swing to the loss of the week, since i was sitting at 127$

Tournaments = 112

Profit = +$3.61

Bankroll =$110.91

Overall I think it was also a productive week, in terms of study, and now i just gotta find a way to make sense of it all.

I also upgraded my level on PStrategy to Silver Status , so I will be putting some study hours watching training videos too over this coming week.

Good Luck at the Tables!
    • ChraftyBridges
      ChraftyBridges
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DSharkP
      I felt during this week, that my game has been adapting and adapting, guess still looking for that A-Place, I wonder if reading too many articles , too many videos, could be making me mix up things too much and my Game Plan Strategy has been hurting.
      It could just be that variance is making you second guess your process, which is normal. But I also think you may be right in your self-assessment here.

Personally, I found this to be a problem in my own game in the past. I would read and watch all sorts of poker related content, take bits and pieces from almost everything, and then attempt to add them to my game somehow. And I'd say that this approach would be a good way for a beginner to learn. But for somebody who already possesses a solid foundation to their own style, with the experience (and the data) to know that their strategy works, I think this approach can be somewhat counterproductive - like having "too many cooks in the kitchen".
    • DSharkP
      DSharkP
      Silver
      Hi Crafty,

Yes def... I think it was a combo of both, because my EV went off the top above of my winnings, but obviously also a lot of mistakes, tilt.. I was going very very badly...till i Stopped and kind of went back to my foundation, I am recovering now thank god lol, but overall miserable week, to be honest , in all my years playing poker, I never endured almost a whole week of losing and losing days, I feel very proud I did not fall in old ways, of tilting and busting all my money in HU Sit n Goes of high buy ins, like in the past, I ll say again, Incredibly proud :f_drink:

The way is that way -> :f_thumbsup:
    • DSharkP
      DSharkP
      Silver
      Week 4

Hey Guys,

So another week, and what a week.
      Probably the most frustrating week I've ever endured, a lot of Monster Hands cracked, Flips not coming my way, and those Killer Rivers... plus the obvious tilt and it's consequences, making me not play my A-Game.
      It just triggered after so many of those spots, and from there on I was on a big losing streak, I tried playing a bit more tables, so that i could focus less on table by table shoves , didn't work, I tried different approaches of playing, didn't work...
      I decided at that low point to stop playing, and focus on my SNG Foundations, and start again from there, and poof , The recovery started.

Tournaments = 124
      Profit = -$18.15
      Bankroll =$92.76

I've again managed to unlock a $5 Bonus.

On a plus side, it is nice to see that I am indeed running under EV , so I must be doing something well .
      Because of so many different videos, articles and SNG Strategies, I've decided that for this week, I ll be mostly focusing on reviewing my Sessions and Developing a better knowledge of ICM , taking less time watching videos.
      I will also try to post a few hands , and I am confident the climb will finally move up.

Good Luck at the Tables,
    • deralte71
      deralte71
      Gold
      Reviewing sounds like a good idea. Hope yr Luck will change soon