This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] NL5 Zoom AA 1.

• SZEBI18
      SZEBI18
      Silver
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $5 (100 bb)
      BB: $5.30 (106 bb)
      UTG: $9 (180 bb)
      MP: $10.04 (200.8 bb)
      CO: $6.80 (136 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $6.39 (127.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with :Ac: :Ah:
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.15, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, MP calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.87) :4s: :As: :Js: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.45, MP raises to $1.45, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.77) :Qd: (2 players)
      MP bets $8.19 and is all-in, Hero calls $4.54

River: ($12.85) :6h: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $12.85 pot ($0.53 rake)
      Final Board: :4s: :As: :Js: :Qd: :6h:
      MP showed :Tc: :Kc: and won $12.32 ($5.93 net)
      Hero showed :Ac: :Ah: and lost (-$6.39 net)

On the flop I expected some kind of a flush draw or pocket JJ. I did not expect to much made flush on the flop.
      The turn card did not change too much therefore I decided to call. Would you play it on a different way?
  • 6 replies
    • zetozinho
      zetozinho
      Bronze
      Go big PF. His stack his 200bb and you have the best of the best. I'd try to go all in.
      OTF bet bigger. When I raises I think I'm shoving here. I do not want to call and see a spade appearing or a card like the one that appeared.
      When you call OTF and he shoves OTT, just fold.

Note: I posted a hand here with KK on a similar betting situation, different board, but I was also IP.
      What guys said was that it was better to ship it OTF to avoid facing difficult decisions. I agree with them and I think that lemma applies to this situation as well.
    • MyFloXyBabY
      MyFloXyBabY
      Platinum
      Indeed it could be a reraise flop.
      As played calling turn is really meh.
    • Sunrise1912
      Sunrise1912
      Bronze
      You decide to call the flop bet where there are tons of cards you do not want to see on the turn - just jam the flop.

You crush his JJ and 44 and have decent equity vs made up flushes (he only has imo KQs 9Ts and worst case 78s as he would fold other suited card combinations imo)
    • SZEBI18
      SZEBI18
      Silver
      I called the flop with the intention to keep the FDs in the pot. I afraid if I reraise it OTF I would isolate myself vs. made flushes.

I played Fixed Limit (when I could) and this was a pretty standard way of thinking on montone boards with strong holding.
    • la55i
      la55i
      I would raise a bit bigger pre.

Originally posted by zetozinho
      Go big PF. His stack his 200bb and you have the best of the best. I'd try to go all in.
      But not because of this. Villain's stack size is irrelevant because we have just 128bb, so our effective stack size is 128bb. We are not 200bb deep.

Stacking OTF would be valid. As played calling the turn is a bit close, as mentioned above. Probably should be a fold. Flush and some straights got there and the sizing is big. I'm not sure if he would do this with weaker sets.
    • zetozinho
      zetozinho
      Bronze
      Originally posted by la55i
      But not because of this. Villain's stack size is irrelevant because we have just 128bb, so our effective stack size is 128bb. We are not 200bb deep.
      I know the effective stack is ours, but what I meant to say is that he covers us, so just try to make him do it.