Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $15,28
      CO:
      $14,35

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , J:heart:
      Hero raises to $0,40, CO calls $0,40, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0,95) A:club: , 2:diamond: , K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,60, CO calls $0,60.

Turn: ($2,15) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,50, CO calls $1,50.

River: ($5,15) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,57, CO raises to $11,85 (All-In), Hero calls $9,28.

Final Pot: $28,85

Was this a clear fold on the river??? This happens to me all the time, what is the correct line???
  • 3 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      The correct line is to stop and think what CO could be playing here.

To have two worse pair CO needs to have cold called A7, A2, K2, K7, KJ, 27, 7J, and in many of those hands have called with horrible drawing odds to 5 outs.

To have a worse pair villain needs to be capable of cold calling AT- and calling down flop and turn bets with it.

To have a set villain needs to be capable of set mining 22, which is what I think he had. As played the villain line says "hi I have a set". The flop is geared heavily towards PFA having hit and is also very dry (draw wise, possibly gutshot only), the turn helps no draws, the river hits a gutshot only. I think anyone who calls the turn here can beat TPTK.

With hindsight I would like to think I could check/fold the two pair. Definantly I think I could lay down to the shove. The river didnt really improve you against anything you wernt already beating.

As played the lines are fine. Maybe the bets on the flop and turn are a little bigger than they had to be as the board is bone dry (gutshot draw to A-high only). Could have controlled the pot size in that case and got away a little cheaper by the time CO over-shoved to try and get set value out of you.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaissica
      The correct line is to stop and think what CO could be playing here.

To have two worse pair CO needs to have cold called A7, A2, K2, K7, KJ, 27, 7J, and in many of those hands have called with horrible drawing odds to 5 outs.

To have a worse pair villain needs to be capable of cold calling AT- and calling down flop and turn bets with it.

To have a set villain needs to be capable of set mining 22, which is what I think he had. As played the villain line says "hi I have a set". The flop is geared heavily towards PFA having hit and is also very dry (draw wise, possibly gutshot only), the turn helps no draws, the river hits a gutshot only. I think anyone who calls the turn here can beat TPTK.

With hindsight I would like to think I could check/fold the two pair. Definantly I think I could lay down to the shove. The river didnt really improve you against anything you wernt already beating.

As played the lines are fine. Maybe the bets on the flop and turn are a little bigger than they had to be as the board is bone dry (gutshot draw to A-high only). Could have controlled the pot size in that case and got away a little cheaper by the time CO over-shoved to try and get set value out of you.
      +1
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Preflop: OK.
      Flop: OK.
      Turn: OK.
      River: I am playing here Bet/Fold, I don't think you beat any of his hand when he is raising.