MP3:
      $14.70
      CO:
      $6.40
      BU:
      $10.00

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      Hero raises to $0.4, CO folds, BU calls $0.40, SB folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.25) 4, K, 2 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.00, BU calls $1.00, BB folds.

Turn: ($3.25) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BU calls $2.00.

River: ($7.25) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.00, BU calls $6.60(All-In).

Final Pot: $20.85.

Well, he has potsize bet left on river... is there any way I can get away from this? He must have Kx often enough to make it profitable... or?

As you might guess he has a flopped set, and the sickening feeling is I pretty much knew he would have it here... but it would feel so weak to c/f AA here on the turn (or the river) :rolleyes:

Villain was something like 19/12 over about 30 hands... not much to go for, but I suppose these stats would indicate that he doesn't likely call Kx preflop.. but meh, I dunno :( this stupid hand was my last one and turned my +1 stack session into a breakeven one :P
  • 3 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I would find it hard to see an intelligent player with a respectable hand range (for SH) cold calling possibly dominated cards (KQ-) very often, unless your own image is pretty loose...

As played the flop is a very, very dry board. Im thinking half pot bet here is plenty enough unless you think villain is capable of speculating 35, which is the only viable draw.

The flop line could have been called by any PP at all who wanted to see if you "really" hit the K. So its hard to get away from a second barrel on the turn.

If we had half-pot bet and been called, turn pot would be $2.50. Another half pot (not really feeling the need to protect heavily against a backdoor flush personally) to see if we can drive out PPs that arnt sets or get some more value from them. Playing bet-fold line unless we have special reasons not to...

On the river its check-evaluate. River pot (assuming call) is now $5. Im probably calling up to half pot and folding anything larger. Its unlikely for an no-set PP to bet into you here, leave alone strongly, as you have represented the K twice and they will mostly take the free showdown to see if you were bluffing or not. Any bet is probably an indication of a hand that can beat TPTK, which here also implies beating the overpair as *you* hold the only overpair that can beat TPTK.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Ah yeah you got it right, I need to bet less to be able to get away. My table image is pretty loose though so I *could* see someone playing KQ this way, especially some tightish guy with ~35 WTSD. But meh, not often enough I guess :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Preflop: OK.
      Flop: OK.
      Turn: I am betting ~$2.50.
      River: Shove.

I don't think that there is a way to get away from his hand.