Pyramid scheme.

• tookie130
      tookie130
      Bronze
      Lately there has been alot of fuzz in my country (Denmark) about game providers using pyramid like schemes to recruit players. Now im wondering what your take is on this, seeing as this site offer bonuses with every new player you bring into the system.

should this kind of system be supported or is it harmful for the community?

I personally love the idea, the concept is simple and there is no hidden expenses.
      but there is talk about outlawing it in denmark, and some other scandinavian contrys often follow eachother on cutting egde cases,
  • 2 replies
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      pyramid schemes fail in the end, and this isn't a pyramid scheme.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello tookie130,

Could it be that you are referring to the "T6 Poker" scandal which involved the Danish business man Torben Hubertz?

This was actually a well planned Pyramid-Scheme Scam of thousands of Poker players which was looked critically upon by most of the poker community right from the get go. Since it was a pure scam it was of course also harmful for the poker community (and online poker in general).

I can only advise anyone who comes into concept with Pyramid scheme business models to stay away. They often sound to good to be true - since they are too good to be true.

Best regards
      SoyCD