[NL2-NL10] NL 5, QJo. Did I play this profitably?

• quksht
      quksht
      Bronze
      0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q :diamond: , J :club: (Comment)
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.04, MP1 calls $0.04, 2 folds, CO calls $0.04, BU folds, SB calls $0.02, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.20) T :diamond: , 6 :diamond: , 8 :diamond: (5 players) (Comment)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.09, 2 folds, CO calls $0.09, SB folds.

Turn: ($0.38) 5 :diamond: (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero raises $3.87 (All-In), CO calls $1.04 (All-In).

River: ($5.29) 5 :club: (2 players) (Comment)

Final Pot: $5.29

I raised on the flop because of my immense outs with the flush draw and the gutshot, but then I made a sketchy move on the turn with the flush when I have the flush, but only Ad and Kd beat me.

I think I shouldn't have gone all in but raised 2/3 of the pot on the turn to see if he thinks he has something too, folding to a re-raise of course. Then check folding on the River?

Thanks for the help.
  • 5 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      7d9d also had you ;)

Definantly dont maniac-shove, even with the pure nuts. You nearly wont ever be called unless you are beaten. You need to measure bets to pots to give people reason to call with worse hands, always.

Here you were fine to play another half-pot lead in a bet-fold or bet-call line. Personally im probably playing bet-call as I dont believe cold callers in CO often have us beat here. More likely they hold JT or a PP. Speculating A-rag is pretty poor value in a 5 way pot, while AT+ is likely raising with two limpers in front to attack the dead money they represent.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I would bet 3/4 flop and after i hit 3/4 turn again , calling a shove from him or pushing to his all in on river if he doesnt
    • quksht
      quksht
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaissica
      7d9d also had you ;)
      Omg lmao, I didn't even consider that.

Thanks all for the help with this hand, I did end up winning it if anyone was wondering. Villian folded to my all in, not the best moves on my part though.

Until next leaky play I make, see you at the tables.

- quksht
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Preflop: OK.
      Flop: Check/Call.
      Turn: By betting yourself here, I don't think that a worser hand will call. Also I don't like your overbet at all! I'd play here Check/Call smallish.
      River: Check/Call smallish.
    • quksht
      quksht
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz, I will make the appropriate adjustments to my game.

Good luck at the tables,

- quksht