This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SNG 6max 0.5€ KTo vs lead flop|3handed

• Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      PokerStars - 60/120 Ante 15 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 36.62 BB (VPIP: 50.45, PFR: 24.53, 3Bet Preflop: 6.67, Hands: 114)
      BB: 18.32 BB (VPIP: 28.07, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 60)
      Hero (BTN): 20.07 BB

3 players post ante of 0.13 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.87 BB) Hero has T:diamond: K:heart:

Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, BB calls 1.5 BB

Flop: (5.87 BB, 2 players) J:spade: 9:spade: K:club:
      BB bets 2.94 BB, Hero raises to 17.44 BB and is all-in, fold,

I don't have any reads on him, doesn't seem a loose player that could limp or defend with some random hand. I think the way i play i'm turning my hand into a bluff, making him to fold most of his draws. My hand isn't strong enough to play for stacks in spite of the low spr, so in position i should just call and wait for turn, let him bet his draws or Kx weakers. At the table this was for me some kind of Kx on a wet board, but thinking on a range that he could defend don't exist that much Kx weaker than mine. What do you think?

Cumps ;)
  • 3 replies
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Villain really should never donk bet this sort of flop but if we consider our options versus half pot donk bet:

- Fold: Not possible as we have top pair, ok kicker, gutshot draw and position
      - Raise: Better than fold but as you said we are overplaying our hand. Better hand wont fold but we quite easily isolate our self versus better made hands or strong draws.
      - Call: Only reasonable option to me. Keep villain range as wide as possible and evaluate on turn. But any blank I would not usually fold on turn. Spade would be ok to give up. J or 9 would be ok as villain should not be donking those and it will make solid value hands like two pairs less likely. T or A are sort of whatever.

Its often tough to think of what sort of range people make these with. But he definitely can have some two pairs. Sets or straight are less likely as he would likely 3bet JJ or KK at least and with straight villain is less likely to feel that he needs to protect his hand by donk betting. Some weaker Kx are possible and sometimes I see weird stuff like JT doing these. Some gutshots or flush draws also possible. But main thing is that he can have all sort of stuff and our KT has way more than 25% equity so by calling we let villain make most easily mistakes and get most value from our hand. Even if we sometimes will end up folding best hand to further agression.
    • Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      Thank you ☺ so this against a more loose player would be more reasonable as he could call with worse Kx or Jx sometimes right?

Cumps ;)
    • maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      jup if villains range is by reads wide enough you can do this. If we call we let him draw cheaply and cant protect our hand.

greets

maniac