First attempt at double or nothing

• tookie130
      tookie130
      Bronze
      I recieved my starting capital at Titan poker and started playing cash games right away. Using the SSS i was kindof succesfull but soon realized it would take for ever to get enough points to clear the bonus.

I do not like Titan poker for obvious reasons (If you ever tryed talking to their support you know what im talking about) and grinding for the points to clear the bonus would suck out the fun of poker. working at a goal i had no real commitment to.

So i decided to go for it. risk everthing. so i used 43 of my dollars on 4x 10+1 dollar double of nothing tables. and doubled up on all four tables.

Im completly in "love" with this play style. Needless to say the free cash was nice but the thrill was amazing.

So now im waiting for my withdraw to clear and ill take another stab at it. i might go bankrupt or i might double up a few more times, who knows? Time will tell.

But one thing is clear. i wont stay at titan poker for longer than neccersary. and seeing as i have already earned 50 dollars from my starting capital i can move onto a more user friendly poker site.
      Right now im thinking Pokerstars
  • 13 replies
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      BRM?
    • creysec
      creysec
      Bronze
      I think i already heard of a game that describes your style .....

ahhh

Roulette

-,-
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by creysec
      I think i already heard of a game that describes your style .....

ahhh

Roulette

-,-
      it's exact name is russian roulette

tookie130: Did You think about what to do next if You lose all four DoNs? BRM is a must...
    • Haupy
      Haupy
      Bronze
      ehm, it's closer to american roulette - two 0 and 00 makes it a bit less harder to win or use so called "winng" (but in fact loosing system).
      not to be discourageful but i believe this will happen to u. Stick to BRM and play 2$ DoNs or 5$ ones instead if u dont wanna go lower. Hope your next post wont be like: i went busto on all 4 of them, now i am broke. Can someone help me :P ?
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      you can double your bankroll with bankroll management also btw.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      great plan, please move to where i play asap
    • tookie130
      tookie130
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kennyxx

tookie130: Did You think about what to do next if You lose all four DoNs? BRM is a must...
      Yes i have thought about what to do if i loose. I start over on Pokerstars. which is my plan regardless. the 50dollars im in the procces of withdrawing is just a bonus. i could easily afford to make my own deposit and use the BRM on a site that is not constantly spamming me, harrashing me.

I think you guys are far to cought up with BRM. This is a case of making the most of a bad situation. BRM wont really help me here. BRM might increase my chance of succesfully doubling up. But it would require far to much time defeating the purpose of me wanting to get away from that site as soon as possible.

I have already started on Pokerstars doing freerolls. Winning 1.5dollar in a freeroll and slowly but surely made it into 5dollars using BRM. And even in theese way lower stakes, i find it more fun because of the layout and lack of advertisement etc.

So really BRM would only insure that i would spend more time on a site i directly disaprove of.

You must understand, Tp.com is a horrible site, and i rather waste the 50 dollar bonus then stay there. Its not that far fetched a concept?

I understand why you suggest immediatly switching to BRM but i hope you can see it from my side.

All that aside. There is something to be said for making your own mestakes or you will never truely learn.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tookie130
      You must understand, Tp.com is a horrible site, and i rather waste the 50 dollar bonus then stay there. Its not that far fetched a concept?
      Ipoker sucks I agree, but I wouldn't be busting bankrolls unless I had a decent one on other site, since you are playing freerolls I guess you don't have it atm.

start sss on multiple tables to make tons of rake, get your bonus then get the hell out of there
    • creysec
      creysec
      Bronze
      Its money and you do not have to like it... you have to earn simply more. Your excuse of "just 50$" is ridiculous.

Btw the Ipoker Network has way more donks than PokerStars
    • tookie130
      tookie130
      Bronze
      Originally posted by creysec
      Its money and you do not have to like it... you have to earn simply more. Your excuse of "just 50$" is ridiculous.

Btw the Ipoker Network has way more donks than PokerStars
      earning money might be the sole purpose of your poker playing. But i like poker as a game. not only as a money making machine.

If a site ruins that fun for whichever reason, then it is JUST 50 bucks.

Dont enforce your values on to others.
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      You are exactly the type of player I am sure pokerstrategy wishes it could revoke starting capital from. Either way I have no doubt you will be going bust at both Titan and Pokerstars, with PS money and then your own. BRM is THE most important thing in poker, but since you won't listen I won't bother typing anymore.
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      You may try DoNs on $5+0.5, but you need to undestand bubble perfectly... is where you are making money... with $80 roll, $5.5 DoNs might not be completely ok, but still possible...

Regards

TTT
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      you can just take the ipoker money to learn the game, I mean , probably by learning you can withdraw something like $300 and then go to stars with sharper skillz.

gambling your entire bankroll fun for 20-30 minutes, you don't learn much by doing that.