This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2] Facing 3-barrels vs unkown villan BB vs SB

• kappozo
      kappozo
      Bronze
      Flop: I check/call my second pair to balance my range in some spots
      Turn: The turn improve a little my range so I think it is a easy call vs villan c-bet and he still has more bluffs than value I think
      River: I think i should raise this turn cause I block some Q9 and I don't know if he would do this size with 56 and if he did it would be very hard for him when get raised and he has some Ah that could be betting like that

So guys this is what I thought when I was playing the hand and I just fold because I'm still not confortable to raise some rivers for bluff in Nl02, but I think this should be a good spot to do so.

PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 3 players
      Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

ZOLOTO- XAXA (BU): $2.74 (137 bb)
      AlanLoppes (SB): $2.01 (101 bb)
      ak97b (BB): $5.34 (267 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero (AlanLoppes) is SB with Q 8
      1 fold, AlanLoppes (SB) raises to $0.06, ak97b (BB) calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.12) 7 8 J (2 players)
      AlanLoppes (SB) checks, ak97b (BB) bets $0.08, AlanLoppes (SB) calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.28) 4 (2 players)
      AlanLoppes (SB) checks, ak97b (BB) bets $0.22, AlanLoppes (SB) calls $0.22

River: ($0.72) T (2 players)
      AlanLoppes (SB) checks, ak97b (BB) bets $0.21, AlanLoppes (SB) folds

Total pot: $0.72 (Rake: $0.03)
      ak97b (BB) wins $0.69
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      this is fine.
      river raise isn't terrible and having the blocker is nice, but villain isn't necessarily capped on no 9x. some players are definitely valuebetting 9x with this sizing.
    • la55i
      la55i
      I think cbetting the flop would be an option and then balancing the checking range with a bit less vulnerable hands, but I guess this works too because we have nice backdoors.
      OTT one option would be to raise. I'm not sure if calling an 80% pot bet OOP with midpair+non nut FD is the best option.
    • OrigamiPoker
      OrigamiPoker
      Silver
      I think it's played well I much prefer raising turn with my nut draws so hands like A7 A8 hearts