This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 QQ preflop

• williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $10.03
      Hero:
      $9.83

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , Q:diamond: . MP1 posts a blind of $0.10.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 checks, MP2 raises to $0.45, Hero raises to $1.35, 5 folds, MP2 raises to $4.30, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.95

took a LONG time to think about this. by the time my timebank ran out, I was still thinking hard about pushing (can't call, right?), but it didn't feel right. I also wasn't fully confident about how the QQ plays out vs his 4bet range in this manner. Since I couldn't make a decision with purpose (not enough knowledge), I decided that a push by me would just be a guess, and wishful thinking. So I folded.

Thoughts:

The main reason why I feel villain is especially dangerous here is that his $4 looks very suspicious. I think if he had AK, JJ or TT, he would have raised all in directly to create more fold equity.

With $4 seems like he's feigning weakness but really enticing me to call or push. Since has full stack too, I'm quite sure he's not scared of flop at this point (hence $4 bet).

I obviously dont' have odds for set value.
  • 6 replies