[NL20-NL50] pocket kings fold nl 100

• shaywh
      shaywh
      Bronze
      Hero (41.5$) (which is me!) utg raised to 3$ with pocket kings. button calls, BB (113.70) raised to 12$. I called (first mistake? right play with kings?), button fold. flop- J -T -2 BB checked which was a little weird because I expected a cbet. at that point it quite narrowed down to a given up bluff try or a set of jacks, perhaps way overplayed tens. I didn't knew much about him ( now i42 hands later and he done nothing notable so far) so I checked behind. turn Q and now every legitimate hand beats my kings. he bets 18$, I take full time but can't push it with that board and my hand is folded.

right? wrong? I really don't know. all in all I think that I was to short stacked to call or push at turn, but I am not sure about the rest of my decisions. you can say I gave up because of low bluff odds instead of pot odds

sorry the hand isn't converted, next time I'll know better
  • 4 replies
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      are you playing SSS and doubled up last hand or something?

I hope you are playing SSS, anyways i always find it funny when SSS guys post questions like this when they are "deep" you are 40bb deep with KK i don't care if everyone before you goes all in, go all in as well, if people are willing to go all in for well over 100bb (rightly so) therefore 40bb is a no brainer. Flop is easy bet, yea turn sucks you only beat AQ really, but still your hand is so underepped i probably just stick it in anyway.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Yeah, a converted hand would be better :P

First of all: why did you only have $40 on a NL100 table? You should always maintain maximum stack for the maximum potential profit.

About the hand: you must try to be all in preflop with pocket kings. As played, try to go broke on the flop.

There are two general rules that apply here:
      Rule #1 - In a 3bet pot, always go broke with TP/TK or better.
      Rule #2 - For 40BB, always go broke with TP/TK or better

Of course there are exceptions to these rules. But this hand isn't one of them :P

Cheers
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      Yeah, a converted hand would be better :P

First of all: why did you only have $40 on a NL100 table? You should always maintain maximum stack for the maximum potential profit.

About the hand: you must try to be all in preflop with pocket kings. As played, try to go broke on the flop.

There are two general rules that apply here:
      Rule #1 - In a 3bet pot, always go broke with TP/TK or better.
      Rule #2 - For 40BB, always go broke with TP/TK or better

Of course there are exceptions to these rules. But this hand isn't one of them :P

Cheers
      +1
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello,
      Play with 100BB minimum.
      As the hand progressed, push all in preflop.
      As played, push it in either on flop turn or river. No brainer for 40bb.

Best regards,
      darkonebg

[size=10]If you have any further questions about this hand,
      dont hesitate to ask them in this thread,
      and dont forget to click the "Advise the judge of taking another look " button in the reply form.[/size]