Through the limits - what strategies to use

• CDVik
      CDVik
      Bronze
      I have just recently switched from SNGs to playing SSS on the 0.05/0.10 tables at Mansion.

So far it has been ok for my bankroll by just playing by the SHC and using the simple postflop rules.

But now that I have reached silver it opened up for articles about more advanced topics (steal, resteal, EV and so on) and I started to think about when to incorporate the different strategies in my play.

After thinking it over I am pretty convinced that ABC SSS will take me through NL10 and possible also NL20-30 but only time will show how far.

So I am considering keeping the advanced topics out of my play while slowly working my way through them (videos and articles) on a theoretical level.

How and when did you incorporate more advanced ideas into your play?
  • 5 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      At NL5

You can play advanced SSS even on high limits profitably.

Its up to you what you want to do. I didn't like the idea of SSS at all, because its boring, and since I played life poker before (big fish :) ) I played BSS almost straight away.

If you want to try it out just buy in BSS on Nl5 or NL10, depending on your BR, and see how it goes.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Basic SSS will beat NL10 quite easily, but probably wont get you much further. Go over the basic and bronze articles again and make sure you havent missed anything before you start on the silver material - I recommend you at least start learnng the more advanced SSS before moving up. I play BSS, but each time I beat a level I make a point of adding an extra element to my game just before I move up.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      in my experience, basic SSS will beat until NL25.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I played basic at nl25 too and it was just fine, however at nl50 you need to play based on stats (imo) to play profitably
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      I'd also like to say that depending on how much money you want to 'make' by the time you're playing SSS at NL50 AND if you are still winning you shouldn't really need to move up as such, just play more tables and increase your hourly rate that way. Naturally if you wanna play to improve your game then keep on moving up. But if you hit a level you are happy at, where you are making a bit of money, then milk it for all its worth! :D