This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Opening and 3betting chart!

• 11 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      I assume these are for 6max?

UTG is quite tight. I think 87s and 76s would be fine to open. Also, I think A2s-A5s would be better opens than A9s and A8s. That is if you don't want to just open all AXs, which would be fine too. Then I would widen the defending ranges vs a 3bet a bit too. But if you want to play this tight, then the only thing I would change is those suited ace hands.

HJ (MP?) looks ok, except versus a 3bet I would just fold the weakish AXs hands and would probably setmine more with 88 and maybe even 77? QJs should go in the muck too.

CO I would take away those X9 off-suit hands and add more suited hands.

Same thing with BTN open range. I would clearly prefer opening hands like all QXs and more JXs instead of Q7o,Q8o,J7o,J8o.

SB I would mainly tweak the defending vs a 3bet ranges. I would more prefer to 3bet those off-suit AX hand. And a hand like KJo would be a clear fold.

That was just a quick look. I hope it helped you at least a bit :)
    • Joshack254
      Joshack254
      Bronze
      Thank you very very much! It was indeed very helpful!

I have tweaked a few thing and came up with this new one, lmk what u think!

thanks as always! https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V2GVtXx3CrQQsrfRoR7jOo2tlGSOLCCk/view
    • la55i
      la55i
      Yea I can take a quick look and let you know what it looks like :) However, the link doesn't work.
    • Joshack254
      Joshack254
      Bronze
      Thank you for ur kindness link fixed

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16zrEg8yWalG1q_Xcp0D0TOnsGsqULVPF/view?usp=sharing
    • la55i
      la55i
      Okay now the link works but the ranges are exactly the same :f_biggrin:
    • anduke
      anduke
      Bronze
      Material shared here would be more reliable for sure. I would suggest following peoples advice who've got the experience and knowledge already.
    • richierichnz
      richierichnz
      Bronze
      Could not see your chart via Google Drive.

Anyway, just my 2 cents about opening, 3 betting and 4betting.

I like to open and 3bet / 4 bet with the following hands:

AK, AQ, AJ, A10, KQ, KJ, K10, QJ, Q10. (suited or unsuited).

I will open with any pair also and A9 or better (suited or unsuited). Also I will open with connecting cards - 1 gappers or 2 gappers (suited or unsuited.

My preflop calling range will involve middle to low pairs JJ or lower and any 1 gappers or 2 gappers connecting hands (suited or unsuited).

Obviously I will open / 3 bet / 4 bet with AA, KK, QQ and I will just open / call any 3 bet with JJ - 22 to try and flop a set and if I don't flop a set, proceed cautiously on the flop if i'm up against the 3better.

Thanks for starting this thread Joshack254. It lit the fire within :)
    • mmommommo
      mmommommo
      Bronze
      Thank you very much! It was helpful!
      I used this chart for 5nl 6max and played around 3000 hands.
      SB open is little bit too wide.When I opened small suited connector,I lost my money many times.
    • la55i
      la55i
      Small suited connectors should be quite standard steal from SB. I would say it is normally profitable to steal those. Of course if you have some postflop leaks that lead you to lose a lot of money and very often, then it is better not to open them. However, 3000 hands is very little to look at any hand specific winrates. It is even way too small to look at overall winrate for that specific position. You should add at least two zeros to that sample size before making those conclusions.
    • cms81
      cms81
      Silver
      Hi, I would just like to say thanks for starting this thread the information shared here is priceless, great stuff as always.I think your starting hand chart is a great starting block to work from with just a few added tweeks needed. Thanks again..
    • TakingAShot
      TakingAShot
      Bronze
      I didn't even look at it yet but charts aren't as useful as they once were unless they're based around preflop GTO solutions.