Turbos Vs Regular

• Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding profitablility and playing style. When I play live poker tournaments I do very well. I have a RoI roughly of 32% over the last 6 months in Live Multi Table Tournaments.

Last night I once again tore through a field and got to heads up before two bad beats put me short stacked and Pocket Kings caught Trips against my two pair. When the tournament was over I couldn't help but thinking, "Why am I so successful at live poker and lose money online?"

After some pondering I have come across the answer. My playing style is tight aggressive, but maybe too tight for turbos. I find myself getting short stacked from blinds and start making plays I normally wouldn't. I decided to test out the waters of the non turbo $5.50s. I only played one game before work but cashed and now am wondering, is it profitable to multitable non turbos as opposed to multitabling turbos?

The glaring drawback is that non turbos take basically twice as long. I wont be able to grind through games as fast as I do with turbos. On the other hand Profitablility>Volume. On the other side if i dont play 16 hours a day I will have a hard to holding a gold star or higher on pokerstars.

So what I'm asking, is there any non turbo regulars that have any input on this? Is it just as profitable? How many games do you get through in a session 4-6 tabling?
  • 2 replies
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Simple you forgot that if you play 4-6turbos you can play 6-8 normal ones since also decision time is a buit longer at normal ones to.

Is not really good to play just to get certain VIP status.

Where you readed that normal SNGs are not as profitable as turbos? Yes you can play more of those but also variance is higher and also depends on player and how you adopt certain speed. I depends from player to player and we have quite few good SNG players -unam, LuborC, helmaniacs that play mostly normal SNGs if they didnt switch lately.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply,

I wasn't aware that we had regular SnG players. I watch the vids and they are all turbos. Push and go phase comes quick. I just feel uncomfortable the whole time I'm playing turbos.

I think I will go grind 500 $5.50 non turbos and see where I am at. I will 4 table to start and bump it up to 6-8 if things start off well in the first 40 or so.