Almost got stabbed, someone almost got shot

• TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      So, after a short session of playing unlimited hold thems and winning 700$$ (brag) I went out to eat something with a fellow student, joris, from my dormroom

We live in a house with 20 other students, all with seperate rooms, some I know better than others

People I know better include joris, filip, mattias and marlies
      another person who was at the crime scene was stephanie, best friend of marlies

marlies had a relationship with Olaf, they broke up almost a year ago and he is quite crazy, psychotic ****, I don't know what the definition is.
      He broke into her dormroom and stole her laptop a month ago or something
      He has an alcohol problem, dunno about drugs

SOOOO

we enter our "house" and see some people in the hallway/kitchen/stairs, I'm thinking hey fun, some people, w/e

I see a big guy with a backpack on, filled wiht beer (Olaf) and filip standing next to him, he's signaling me something, I dunno what

I come closer since I live on the 1st floor and want to go up

as I approach I see Olaf is sh*tfaced and holding a 10 inch blade in his right hand WTF!!!
      waving it around, real drunklike, not holding it firmly

So I'm standing on the stairs, filip to my right, Olaf talking/shouting to marlies in front of me (marlies in the kitchen with stefanie), joris behind olaf and mattias to my left

I'm thinking about kicking the blade out of his hand and taking him down but I dunno, lot of people on a small space, someone is bound to get hurt and we don't want that right?

I'm like wtf, dude's gonna stab someone so I tell him: hey, maybe u should put the blade away, really not necessary.

he grabs the blade firmly, points it at me and says something like: who te f are u, don't act like you're the powlice, blabla,

I'm quite scared of blade, since when they touch u, u get hurt, don't want that so I move up a couple of steps and Joris and I decide to go to my room and call teh copperz

I dial 100, apparently that's not the coppers' number, 101 is so I dial that and explain the situation,

In the meantime I'm looking down and see filip is held by olaf by the neck, olaf pointing the blade at filip, filip holding the blade-arm, joris going down, olaf releasing him, filip, mattias and joris coming up to my room since he'd calm down we figured.

5 min later the copperz arrive, I throw them my key out of my window so they can enter (I dont want to be the guy opening the door for the police)

they do, I hear the girls screaming: he's behind the door and has a knife!!

they run up the stairs and come into my room, so we're sitting there with 6 people discussing who the f let him in or how he got in and hear the police shouting: drop the knife

olaf shouting: shoot me, i don't care,...

we hear him screaming, apparently some pepperspray was used, 2nd police car arrives and after a while they got him in the police car and took him away, he hurt himself in the face in the police car so he's in the hospital, fully drugged,...

we had to go to the police station and make a statement, sat there for 3 hours or so, and then I called my mom and she got scared,
      She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

I begged and pleaded with her day after day
      But she packed my suite case and send me on my way
      She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket.
      I put my walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'.

First class, yo this is bad
      Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.
      Is this what the people of Bel-Air Living like?
      Hmmmmm this might be alright.

But wait I hear there're prissy, wine all that
      Is Bel-Air the type of place they send this cool cat?
      I don't think sow
      I'll see when I get there
      I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air

Well, the plane landed and when I came out
      There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out
      I ain't trying to get arrested
      I just got here
      I sprang with the quickness like lightening, disappeared

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
      The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
      If anything I can say this cab is rare
      But I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air'

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
      And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'
      I looked at my kingdom
      I was finally there
      To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

Ok, so I was writing the story and put that in for fun but back to the story which is actually over

The police guy said he was almost shot, the intervention team had the authorisation to use their fire arms but instead they used pepperspray, thank god?

hope he doesn't get out of jail soon :O

also, mattias told me afterwards he was threatened 2mins before I entered, olaf hold the blade to his head, spat on him an d let him go

Cliff notes: guy threatens people+me in my dormroom with knife, almost got shot, had to sit in police station for 3 hours to make our statement
  • 12 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      That is sick man. You should tell marlies to pick her companions better from now on. This guy is a manicac.. tell her to find a good TAG. :D lol oh my god, what a horrible joke

Well, I'm glad all ended well with you and your friends.

Cheers
    • mannext2u
      mannext2u
      Bronze
      One of my mother's old schoolmates married a guy, and 3 months later she left him, and fell in love with another guy, than his husband set a fire at her mother's place, while her mother and her younger brother were sleeping in there. Unfortunately her brother couldn't get out fast enough, he lost his conscious because of the smoke, then he get burnt, and he died in hospital two weeks from the fire. Her (ex-)husband is in jail since that, and he won't get out within 20 years. This happened in 2007.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Sorry to hear about your drama. It must have been a very uncomfortable situation to be in.

I must ask though, you considered kicking a blade, that is 10 inches = 25cm, out of his hand and taking him down?... Are you a well trained martial artist or have you watched to many kung fu movies?
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      These things happen every week in Estonia (East-Europe country) but no police is ever involved.
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      well...at least in your country, the cops have enough guts to deal with problems without having to go to lethal force right away.

btw...i'm from Canada...i'm sure you've most likely heard of the polish immigrant who got tasered to death at the airport.

that's the state of policing in my country. so if olaf was in Canada, he probably woulda gotta fried.

i'm sure that anyone would choose the pepper spray over the taser.
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      i meant 10cm, sorry :)
      I do know some martial arts, but it still was too dangerous to attempt since there were lots of people on a relatively small space :)
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TimothyVdp1
      I do know some martial arts, but it still was too dangerous to attempt since there were lots of people on a relatively small space :)
      10cm and 25cm is a huge difference indeed. I support not getting involved as its the right desicion 99% of the time. I practice Krav Maga, and we learn knife disarm and defences. And unless you are being stabbed at directly i.e. cant get away, then you do something. Or ofc to defend your most precious other in the same scenario.

Recommendation from me (if you must get involved!): Before using your body, use improvised shields and/or weapons to take him down. A huge sofa pillow, a backpack or a bag. Or something with greater reach, like a basebalbat. Hit him in the face with it, kick him in the groin, and hit him in the face again. If he tries to get up, dont let him.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Martial Arts? That's basically grown men dryhumping each other in missionary, right?

Joke aside, that's a pretty uncool story told in a really cool way. Thanks for the story, and I'm glad that it all ended well.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Oh man that sucks... good thing stuff like that didn't happen to me before... my friend just held a blade to my throat from behind once as a joke... but that feeling wasn't cool at all. Hence I can only imagine how it would feel like if someone points a blade at you for real...
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kimber88
      Martial Arts? That's basically grown men dryhumping each other in missionary, right?

Joke aside, that's a pretty uncool story told in a really cool way. Thanks for the story, and I'm glad that it all ended well.
      If u think Muay Thai is dryhumping, fine by me :P
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Did you said One time baby! One time!? :D

The cliffnotes reminds me of:
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Wow man, that's one messed up situation. Must've been a traumatic experience for you and your friends. You did the right thing by staying away. I've done knife fighting for 8 years, and all I can say is if your opponent holds a knife and you don't have a weapon, GTFO of there.

Originally posted by williamtywong
      i'm sure that anyone would choose the pepper spray over the taser.
      Ever had pepperspray in your face? It hurts like bloody hell. Although you can't get peppersprayed to death, I'd take taser any time of day.