This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl 5, AKo

• quksht
      quksht
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3.70
      MP1:
      $5.73
      CO:
      $4.87
      BU:
      $3.50

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K:club: , A:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.16, MP1 calls $0.16, 2 folds, CO calls $0.16, BU calls $0.16, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.70) 9:spade: , K:diamond: , 4:heart: (4 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, BU bets $0.27, Hero calls $0.27, MP1 folds, CO calls $0.27.

Turn: ($1.51) J:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BU bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35, CO folds.

River: ($2.21) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.24, Hero calls $1.24.

Final Pot: $4.69

I think pre flop I played pretty standard

I check/called flop because I had Top pair Top kicker, I didn't Cbet because of the amount of people in the hand I dont think I had fold equity vs. cold callers

On turn I called: QT, pocket pair that tripled up and AA all would call a re raise I think. But if you look at opponents stats hes been playing aggresively post flop so I sorta figured he was just trying to push me off in some cases.

As for the river, I liked the odds. But please tell me if I shouldn't have liked the odds or anything else I shouldn't have done.

Thx.
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Far too passive postflop.

Flop - lead out 3/4 pot on a bet-fold or bet-call line for protection. You want to drive out people with MP, BP or gutshot straight draws.

Turn - again its a bet-fold line here for a 3/4 pot bet, again protecting. You now have a possible completed gutshot (QT) to fold to a re-raise from, while other gutshots have formed (any T or Q).

On the river check-call small, fold big is our line here.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      b/b/b If a very tight player raisis you can think about what to do, but other then that I valuetown them.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar