Stack
      UTG1:
      $2.06
      Hero:
      $7.19
      MP3:
      $3.39

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:diamond: , K:heart:
      UTG1 calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, MP3 calls $0.20, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0.50) T:spade: , 8:spade: , J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, MP3 calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.30) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($1.30) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2.79 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4.09

The Ace on the turn spooked me, but the spade on the river was the nail in the coffin
  • 6 replies
    • Pride11
      Pride11
      Bronze
      as you see there are 2 spades, even tho there is an ace i think it would have been smart to bet again, he could be playing a flush draw and its best to give him improper pot odds but i am no pro or even good, so we will wait till somone else answers
    • quksht
      quksht
      Bronze
      I think you made the right choice with this hand and this opponent. With aggression factor of 1.0 an all in on the river means business I would say. I hope I'm interpreting this correctly. We shall see when Veriz comes with the verdict though.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Pride11
      as you see there are 2 spades, even tho there is an ace i think it would have been smart to bet again, he could be playing a flush draw and its best to give him improper pot odds
      +1

Protection is paramount in this hand. You have to protect against straights and flushes on that flop and the turn card is mostly irrelevant because most people who are calling the flop bet are on a draw of some kind.

Bet-fold turn for 2/3 to 3/4 pot. You cant afford to give away free drawing cards on such a wet board.
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      nice play up to flop, I'd bet the turn.. .the A is a good card to represent, and plus you need to protect your KK against flush draws, straight draws, so probably bet about 0.90.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      - It looks like you have very loose players at the table, so I would bet more than the normal 4BB, I would bet 5BB, they are calling anyway.
      - Flop is extremely drawy + villain is station = Bet pot size
      - On turn he is more likely to be on a draw than to be calling down with A high so bet 2/3 or more.
      - On river, pot will be too big for you to fold, so shove.
      As played, fold river to passive player.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      - It looks like you have very loose players at the table, so I would bet more than the normal 4BB, I would bet 5BB, they are calling anyway.
      - Flop is extremely drawy + villain is station = Bet pot size
      - On turn he is more likely to be on a draw than to be calling down with A high so bet 2/3 or more.
      - On river, pot will be too big for you to fold, so shove.
      As played, fold river to passive player.
      +1