This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QJs MP2 - TPgK

• TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $12.91
      Hero:
      $10.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:spade: , J:spade:
      UTG1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 5 folds, UTG1 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) T:diamond: , 2:diamond: , J:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.40, Hero raises to $2.50, UTG1 calls $2.10.

Turn: ($6.15) T:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($6.15) A:heart: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $6.15
  • 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Very tough one.

As played I think I am shoving the turn to protect, and being very upset at myself for putting my stack at risk with QJs. The flop-reraise being so big kind of committed us given how wet the board is.

I think flop I am re-raising to $1.95 to make him call a pot-size raise with his 1 card flush draw and try to take the pot down right there by representing the flush myself (double the bet + pot = $1.95, leaves villain calling $1.55, which is the pot size after he bet).

On the turn pot would theen be $3.80. I am betting about 2/3 ($2.30) here, both to protect and to take a free showdown.

On the river I check behind.
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Considering he limped/called preflop, I would be inclined to raise on the flop, but only 3.5x his bet. I'd bet/fold turn.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Well played! I think there is no reason to blow up the pot on the turn here by bet/folding when youre in position and can so easily check behind. As Jaissica mentioned, raising flop a little less is a good idea - a big overbet is nearly never a good thing, so I'd raise it somewhere between 1.6 and 2, but I would still not bet/fold the turn since the pot is big already and you can so easily check behind against a passive guy who probably wont bet/bluff the river so often and thus put you in a difficult river spot.

so NH :)
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I raise 1.40 flop, bet turn and check behind river as a standard.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar