This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ BB folds vs nit utg2

• 16 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      55 hand sample is no where near big enough to be sure of nit. My normal VPIP is about 15 but ive had tables after a hundred and fifty hands where my VPIP is 5, due to cold cards and open limpers (reduced steal op).
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I like it. 17bb 5/5 guy (sure 50 hands but still) in FR raises from UTG+2, you're at best up against AK here mostly so I like the fold. You know me, I usually shove it all but this situation speaks for a fold, in my opinion.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I think im paying the 30c from BB regardless. If you think the small stack is nearly always shoving postflop then you very nearly have set odds (30c vs $1.70 for just under 6-1). If the flop is under J high im shoving and paying off QQ+.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Calling would probably be the worst here."nearly set value" yeah nearly, you definately cannot go for under 6.1 for implieds when you hit a set in 6:1, that's just pure -ev. Add in that you want to go broke to his QQ-AA everytime you hit an overpair and I think you're giving away too much money.

Shipping it preflop is kind of an option, but as I said, I would fold. :)
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Against AJ+, TT+ we have 49.5% equity.

Not letting it go.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Shortie only raises QQ+,AK here. Am folding here until I have seen a showdown and made a note that he raises looser than SHC from UTG. :D
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Perhaps its just Titan, but if I see a shortie I play them as if they are idiots until they prove they arnt ;)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaissica
      Perhaps its just Titan, but if I see a shortie I play them as if they are idiots until they prove they arnt ;)
      Im the other way around, I play as if they are SSS until I get a read. =S
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Im the other way around, I play as if they are SSS until I get a read. =S
      If their stats are SSS-like then there's no reason to assume they're bad - for example this 5/5 is very possibly a real SSSer
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Sample is still a bit small for my liking. I think a good SSSer is rebuying more often than once every 3 posts anyway.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      He is definately not! The optimum stack size to play SSS is 16-18BB, so 17 is perfect. A good SSSer will only rebuy when he falls below 15bb. Trust me, I've played SSS... and you can read the articles if you don't believe me :) The only reason you buy in for 20 is you can't buy in with less!
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Really? The articles say 15-25 :) At least the ones I remember reading do. I wouldnt know as ive never played it for more than a hundred hands. I figured it would be as per BSS where you buy back to original stack, in this case max. Ill rebuy from 99.5BB.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Really? The articles say 15-25 :) At least the ones I remember reading do. I wouldnt know as ive never played it for more than a hundred hands. I figured it would be as per BSS where you buy back to original stack, in this case max. Ill rebuy from 99.5BB.
      Well, I grinded my capital to 500 dollars playing SSS up to NL50 so you can safely trust me on this one ;) 25 is maximum allowed before having to leave the table.
      If you want, I bet you $50 that I'm right about the optimal stack size - we can just join Ingols SSS coaching and ask him about it ;) (this is cheating because it's he who taught me this :tongue: ).
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Nope, im more than happy to take your word on this one :)

Ill remember it if I ever try SSS.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Fold.

Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: 63,415% 61,845% 3,140% 35,015% JJ+, AKs, AKo
      Player 2: 36,585% 35,015% 3,140% 61,845% JJ
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Shortie only raises QQ+,AK here
      Not every shortie out there follows the shc from pokerstrategy. Most don't.