[NL2-NL10] JJ BB folds vs nit utg2

• 16 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      55 hand sample is no where near big enough to be sure of nit. My normal VPIP is about 15 but ive had tables after a hundred and fifty hands where my VPIP is 5, due to cold cards and open limpers (reduced steal op).
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I like it. 17bb 5/5 guy (sure 50 hands but still) in FR raises from UTG+2, you're at best up against AK here mostly so I like the fold. You know me, I usually shove it all but this situation speaks for a fold, in my opinion.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I think im paying the 30c from BB regardless. If you think the small stack is nearly always shoving postflop then you very nearly have set odds (30c vs $1.70 for just under 6-1). If the flop is under J high im shoving and paying off QQ+.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Calling would probably be the worst here."nearly set value" yeah nearly, you definately cannot go for under 6.1 for implieds when you hit a set in 6:1, that's just pure -ev. Add in that you want to go broke to his QQ-AA everytime you hit an overpair and I think you're giving away too much money.

Shipping it preflop is kind of an option, but as I said, I would fold. :)
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Against AJ+, TT+ we have 49.5% equity.

Not letting it go.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Shortie only raises QQ+,AK here. Am folding here until I have seen a showdown and made a note that he raises looser than SHC from UTG. :D
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Perhaps its just Titan, but if I see a shortie I play them as if they are idiots until they prove they arnt ;)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaissica
      Perhaps its just Titan, but if I see a shortie I play them as if they are idiots until they prove they arnt ;)
      Im the other way around, I play as if they are SSS until I get a read. =S
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Im the other way around, I play as if they are SSS until I get a read. =S
      If their stats are SSS-like then there's no reason to assume they're bad - for example this 5/5 is very possibly a real SSSer
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Sample is still a bit small for my liking. I think a good SSSer is rebuying more often than once every 3 posts anyway.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      He is definately not! The optimum stack size to play SSS is 16-18BB, so 17 is perfect. A good SSSer will only rebuy when he falls below 15bb. Trust me, I've played SSS... and you can read the articles if you don't believe me :) The only reason you buy in for 20 is you can't buy in with less!
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Really? The articles say 15-25 :) At least the ones I remember reading do. I wouldnt know as ive never played it for more than a hundred hands. I figured it would be as per BSS where you buy back to original stack, in this case max. Ill rebuy from 99.5BB.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Really? The articles say 15-25 :) At least the ones I remember reading do. I wouldnt know as ive never played it for more than a hundred hands. I figured it would be as per BSS where you buy back to original stack, in this case max. Ill rebuy from 99.5BB.
      Well, I grinded my capital to 500 dollars playing SSS up to NL50 so you can safely trust me on this one ;) 25 is maximum allowed before having to leave the table.
      If you want, I bet you $50 that I'm right about the optimal stack size - we can just join Ingols SSS coaching and ask him about it ;) (this is cheating because it's he who taught me this :tongue: ).
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Nope, im more than happy to take your word on this one :)

Ill remember it if I ever try SSS.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Fold.

Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: 63,415% 61,845% 3,140% 35,015% JJ+, AKs, AKo
      Player 2: 36,585% 35,015% 3,140% 61,845% JJ
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Shortie only raises QQ+,AK here
      Not every shortie out there follows the shc from pokerstrategy. Most don't.