Intro

• MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Hi All

I have just passed the quiz, albeit at third attempt. I am not new to online poker, but discovering this site seems like opening up a new world to me (I have never bothered with forums much, though I read a lot of poker literature).
      However, after reading the sss articles, I feel this back to basics approach may give my game the discipline it needs and hopefully steer me towards profit.
      The various levels here, and the back-up and training etc make it seem like a career path with goals to aim for etc, with even passing the quiz seeming like an acheivement !!
      One small point is that I hae now followed the link and registered with Full Tilt using the code given here, but on my settings it says I haven't yet chosen a site and can't get a bonus until I do.
  • 17 replies
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Heya magic :D it was me who you followed the link from! Glad someone did!

Did you make sure that you downloaded the software from the links on this site. All the codes were right? go to home, and then on the little bar under it, click pokerrooms. Type in your user name. If it still doesn't work. Go to help and create a "ticket" This will contact support directly, and they are quite speedy and helpful!

Other than that, hope everything works out and you enjoy the site. Its def made me alot more successful poker player!

Good luck! :)
    • vvairits
      vvairits
      Bronze
      Hi!

I have just passed the quiz, at first attempt - maybe some luck! :P

Great place, Great people, Great community- I am ready to start my poker carrier!

Good luck! :)
    • clickys
      clickys
      Bronze
      Hello there guys , welcome to pokerstrategy , lets build a nice community here:)

Best regards clickys
    • mocacola666
      mocacola666
      Basic
      hi im new here too
      im from israel and im really exited about the 50 dollars cash bonus
      i hope ill pass the quiz ,
    • MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Hi all
      Nice to hear from you again dadude. I was wanting to thank you for introducing me to the site, but couldn't remember your name.

I still haven't got the problem sorted with my status, though I am just about to check my emails to see if there has been a reply to my ticket.

As you know dadude, I already have an account with Pokerstars, so whilst I wait I can at least practice the system on there.

I have decided to go back to basics, and am initially following sss pretty much to the letter to see how it works. I am also experimenting with multitabling for the first time. I am not playing lots of tables like some on here but as I am playing fold-a-lot poker I thought I would give it a go, so as not to get bored, and to generate points when I do it with my bonus money. I am in my 50's now so don't know if my brain would ever cope with the number of tables some people talk about on threads here. Is that really humanly possible?
      gl all
      Bryan
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      No problem :) , its a great place once you get it all figured out!

The forums are really useful, posting hands, reading strategies as well as just a bit of fun :)

Hopefully you'll enjoy it! :)

I'm not sure what the problems could be for it taking so long, it says you still haven't entered a poker account. Did you send a ticket?

Are you american by any chance? Because then it won't work.

Let me know some more details and hopefully I'll be able to help you! :)
    • MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Hi again

Daduse, I have sent two tickets. The first one, I got a reply saying that I needed to "update my personal information" to which I replied that I had filled in everything including my username on Full Tilt where I have registered, and could they be more specific about what they wanted me to fill in.

I haven't yet had a reply from that ticket, and don't know how they are at weekends. I am sure from other threads that the site is great when you get sorted, but there sem to be a few new members like myself with little frustrations.

Had a losing session last night with the sss on Pokerstars, but overall am still in profit from my starting point, so am keen to get started with my free $50 in my new account.

Anything you or anyone else can suggest that I might not have done correctly would be appreciated.

All the best
      Bryan
    • MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Hi All again,
      ok fellas I think I have finally cracked it, following another ticket.

I clicked save data at bottom of the poker rooms screen and another screen appeared which I had not previously seen, and when completed, all my red crosses were ticked and I think my $50 is now going thtough the system.
      Am awaiting another ticket to confirm 100% but is looking good.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Good to hear everything has worked out MAGICBRYAN :)

Hope to see you actively progressing as a player. If you have questions or concerns be sure to make yourself heard on the forum! We are always glad to help.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Hi Soycd
      Thx for your reply. I hope to see me progressing through the ranks too lol.
      I am gradually finding my feet here. As I think I said before, I have some experience at playing Poker for a couple of years with mixed results, but since discovering this site I have chosen to be guided by a back to basics approach, to iron out leaks in my game.

I am intrigued to see if doing the sss beginners strategy will. in itself, build my starting bankroll as it is suggested.

As such I am sticking to it as much as possible to the letter. It is very frustrating at times to fold in circumstances where I may feel I could take the pot down by betting, but I am sticking to the rules to the letter, as being the optimum play.

I have been inspired by posts on these forums to try multitabling, and felt that this would be a good time, since I am following a system that sees me doing a lot of folding. I am getting used to the decisions I have to make now, and find that I can play 4 tables and keep up with the action, whilst racking up my Full Tilt points towards clearing my bonus.

Full Tilt releases your bonus in increments of $5 and I have so far released my first $5 and am well on the way to releasing my 2nd $5 though my bankroll is slightly down on the starting position.

At present I am putting this down to variance. I have been playing for just one or two hours per day for a couple of weeks.

For those reading this whom this might mean something to, my current standing is:

Bal = $50.08
      FTP = 219.13
      bONUS EARNED = $8.32
      PS STATEGY POINTS = 34

34 points puts me a third of the way towards silver status, which I was quite chuffed with, until I saw a leaderboard that said someone called fart has 28,719 points !! LOL

I obviously have a bit of catching up to do.

I am thinking of doing a blog to show my rags to riches story as it unfolds, and to hopefully entertain along the way, what do you think SOY (or anyone for that matter) ?

GL All
      Bryan
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      A blogs a good way to keep track of your progress :) i'd recommend it. Good luck and keep it up!
    • MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Thx Dadude
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Bryan,

I would recommend you starting a blog as its a brilliant motivational tool for your own play and an excellant way of looking back and checking your progress.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey MAGICBRYAN,

Be sure to download the Elephant: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/

It will help you track your progress - so that you can analyse mistakes and identify room for improvement. It also makes posting hands in the hand evaluation boards much easier ;)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Hi Soy

The message on my front page suggests I need 1000 startegy points before I can have an elephant licence, or is this something different ?

Bryan
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Bryan,

The 1,000 SPs you are enquiring about are for the licence to unlock Elephant to the full version once the trial runs out.

You can still download Elephant and get full functionality for the 21 days trial and after that it reverts to limited functionality where you get basic stats, hand importing and analysis and graphs.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Thx mate I will get onto it. Though I am playing strictly by the book at the moment, the sooner I familiarise myself with that stuff the better I suppose for when I need it later.