$2.00
      UTG2:
      $11.40
      Hero:
      $17.55
      BU:
      $5.72

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5:heart: , 5:diamond:
      2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.10, CO folds, BU calls $0.10, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.45) 3:spade: , 5:spade: , Q:club: (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.05, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.75.

Turn: ($2.55) 2:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $2.55, UTG2 calls $2.55.

River: ($7.65) 6:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $7.70 (All-In), Hero calls $7.70.

Final Pot: $23.05
  • 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I know your first thoughts will be "raise PF" but you need to understand the table dynamics at the time. There was alot of loose calling going on and any raise from MP3 was normally likely to turn into a 4 way hand anyway, effectively turning it into a raise-for-set-value. There was not much raising so I had a very reasonable expectation of seeing a flop to try and hit my set.

Needless to say the cards Villain played were waaaaaaaay outside of a 23VPIP range. Ill give you a hint - he was on a draw and had (roughly) calling odds for the full pot bets. He had *no* ace. Should be easy to guess which of two possible hands he therefor had here.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Preflop: Limping behind is fine in FR, I think it's even the recommended play in the SHC
      Flop: Good raise
      Turn: Good pot bet here to be able to shove river
      River: Ugly ass spot. Of course villain could take this line with 6s4s for example, but I think he could very well also have some kind of TP+flushdraw on flop that he decides to semibluff on river, a flushdraw that missed, turned/rivered 2pair, or even a lower set. I'm not getting away for a potsize bet here.

I guess he had As4s
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      If your image is loose/bad I would call river, but if you have shown that you are a good player in previous action he must believe you will not fold to a bluff here. You give him no reason to believe you are bluffing, not many ppl call pot bets with air.
      With that in mind, he sees way too many SD and is 44% W$SD (although unknown)

Its a tough spot because straight got there and he is aggressive. If he were passive its an easy fold perhaps.

He could do this with a busted FD but he could easily have a 4 in unraised pot.

In this spot I go with my gut feeling and prob fold.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I just couldnt find it in myself to give credit for a 4 there. The call pattern just felt like suited, possibly with an overcard (say, A8s or similar).

I typod when typing this last night and left the "no ace" out of the post. There are two possible hands that are behind but have calling odds for everything up to a shove here - 2s4s, 4s6s. He had the 24.

I think vs fairly loose (23 20) possibly aggressive (3.7) but still unknown (70h sample) its very hard to lay down the made hand. Like you said Brood if he was 23 20 1.0 300 you could lay this down pretty easily.

Im happy with this bust.